A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Birthday wishes

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Birthday wishes

Postby lyndaelyzoo » Sat May 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Hello everyone!! I am new to this website and would love to get some critiques of my work, either the painting here or my entire website. Appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Birthday Wishes
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab139/lyndaelyzoo/birthdaywishes.jpg?t=1273375793

My website
http://www.horseofadifferentcolorart.com
lyndaelyzoo

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun May 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Really like the pink and black in this work. Childern I think, Love
ithday partys better than anything. Thier own and going to other kids. And ofcourse the parents as well. Thier is nothing that
ings more happyness than wacthing children laugh and play.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lyndaelyzoo » Sun May 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks!! Any other comments or suggestions for improvement? I was trying to make it look as though the girl is so obsessed with texting on her cell phone that she is oblivious to the pony and presents. Not sure if this really came across in the painting, though.
lyndaelyzoo

Good Morning

Postby Michael Ortega » Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 am

Nice use of the surreal! I like this one...
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby lyndaelyzoo » Mon May 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Thank you. I never know how to classify my work, surreal or pop art. I guess it is surreal lite!! Any suggestions about the other work on the website are greatly appreciated!!
lyndaelyzoo

Postby weirdpuckett » Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 pm

I love the Marley one . . .What does the lion represent?I wouldn't categorize yur work as surreal . . .its just very original . . .
weirdpuckett

Postby lyndaelyzoo » Wed May 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks, that is from the song LionZion. I wanted to show how the King of Reggae is worshipping the King of the Jungle and the relationship between man and nature (the dreadlocks symbolizing lion's mane,etc.). Thanks again! I guess you don't really have to classify yourself. Would you say it is more pop art? I just would like to have some idea of the type of painting I do, instead of just saying "animal art."
lyndaelyzoo

Good Morning!

Postby Michael Ortega » Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 am

We are all allowed to define ourselves...he who controls the definitions controls the word!

Surreal (adj) Dreamlike or Bizarre... 8)

Your work has a dream image quality to it....

But, yes, you could define it as pop art...tho pop art would be more of the campbell soup can or marylyn monroe genre of art. pop art is a movement from years back that used mass produced images in juxtoposition and/or repetition to make a statement...comic art and commercial products were typical subjects...

altho the initial surrealists were political and the use of non sequitar was a key element...contemporary surrealists, tho maintaining the politics, still use dream imagery as a prime component...
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega