A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

looking over the land

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

looking over the land

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:40 am

this one is still not done ......but close ,,,,just would like some input on this . it is a 24by36 oil on canvas .... it is of a man looking over the great land area that he goes to all the time to relax ....lol i just made that up ,thanks all
Attachments
008new22.jpg
008new22.jpg (190.99 KiB)
oilpainter2247

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:09 pm

It has somewhat of a 3D look to it. And you say your not done yet. Well, It looks real good to me. I guess we can always do more things. It has a look that I really like as is. But looking at it in person is perhaps a differnt thing. You do outstanding work.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Mike, your style seems to be changing lately. Maybe maturing is a better word. I like the subtle changes. The figure is a good idea, however I wonder whether placing him closer to the edge of the rocks would have made his presence more dramatic. Just a thought, because you might have had other ideas.
Erika Takacs

Postby xxbreezy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 am

This is a very nice piece as usual!!! The only "real" thing I noticed that the trees could come up further on the canvas. They appear to be a little "short" on top but other than that, another well done piece.
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:51 pm

hey john ,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you for your nice comments to this one ........ i just added a bit to the forground in this one .........not much at all . just some flowers

thanks again john ,,,,,have a great day my friend .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm

wavein to Erika :D well beleave it or not ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i did have him closer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it did nothing for this in my eyes .............i was thinking the same thing too .....................but did not work the way i had it planned

hmmmmmm maturing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope this is a good sign

well anyways thanks erika for your comments ................ dont ever be shy around me .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:53 pm

hello Linda have not seen you in some time ......................well i have them that way so you could see more of the cloulds in this one ...........and you no i was thinking about that also ............i just have to look at this one more

Thanks girl for your comment ..............it does mean alot when others comment. it give me a good feel on what others think .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby weirdpuckett » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Wow Mike! I love the way you cause the eye to really take a walk . . .so to speak . . .The way you create rocks is most interesting to me.They really have a lot of life to them where as they are often being portrayed as "lifeless."your
ush strokes really "persuade" the viewer into being a part of it all. . .great job!
weirdpuckett

Postby Juliep » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Gorgeous work Mike,

I think this is one of my favorites that you've done. Do you come up with these vista's in your head or are they places you been physically?

J
Juliep

Postby oilpainter2247 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:27 pm

mike there is nothing better then getting out of work and finding a nice reply like you gave me here ...............bud you made my day much better .................thanks mike it means alot
Last edited by oilpainter2247 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:36 pm

j where have you been i am missing you around here ,,,,,and by the way i seen your website and think it is very nice ,,,you got some great work on your site there :D

well j ,,,,,,,,,,i come up with everything i do now ...............just out of the blue ............it is so free to just do what you like if you no what i mean .................... well thank you so very much for your comment to this one ........... like i tell everyone it mean the world too me ........ooooooooo and one more thing i hope to see more work from you very soon ..........have a wonderful night .mike :D
oilpainter2247

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury