A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Self Portrait

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Self Portrait

Postby Bilbow » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 am

I call this work "Upheld by Grace". It is a self portrait of me and what I believe to be what makes me who I am. I would like inpute as it was freshly created.
Attachments
Grace.jpg
I call this work "Upheld by Grace". It is a self portrait of me and what I believe to be what makes me who I am. I would like inpute as it was freshly created.
Grace.jpg (155.37 KiB)
I hope you are blessed by my work. Bill Stephens
Bilbow

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby kcortese » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 am

Unbelievable! :shock:

I'm astonished what can be achieved with computer graphic software these days! This medium is opening up a limitless new world of artistic creativity.

Your imagination and talent soar in this piece.

Best of luck to you with a rewarding and
ight career in digital art.

Karen
kcortese

Postby Singular » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 am

Really, really good work here Bill. How did you go about creating your image?
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

New Image

Postby Bilbow » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Upheld by Grace was just a thought about something I have been pondering and since I have been feeling creative again...I went for it. Much like most of my mixed media work, I shoot all the pictures from getting out and about. I compose the image in my mind and then make it so from digital images I shoot to work with. I use Corel Photopaint to
ing everything together in a 40 meg image. When I get an order for a canvas giclee, I print it on an Epson 7800 which always looks incredible, especially at a gig and 24"x36".

I can paint photorealism with acrylics but rarely do anymore because of all the work (and mess) involved, and besides an artist isn't garanteed sales because of the media used. Mixed media makes it possible to produce many works instead of doing one painting a month. I have created 10 new works in the past month and plan to create many more. My latest photo chase is after eagles, since one landed in a tree outside my kitchen window a few days ago. The "chase" keeps me alive, and the creativity keeps me reaching upwards.
I hope you are blessed by my work. Bill Stephens
Bilbow