A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Waiting at the Rendezvous

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby lorenzo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Another one for review.
Attachments
waitingattherendezvous2.JPG
waitingattherendezvous2.JPG (77.44 KiB)
lorenzo

Postby lorenzo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:58 pm

This is what the paintng is about; In raiding and warfare expeditions, careful protective measures were taken for the safe return of all the participants. Each morning a designated assembly point ahead was recognized. High ground with a water supply was preferred, because it made for better observation and helped avoid the party’s being taken by surprise. If they were caught by surprise attack, they scattered in every direction to make pursuit difficult and met at the assembly point later on.
On May 17, 1885, Mangus (son of Mangus Colorado), Chihuahua, old Nana, Geronimo, and their followers fled the San Carlos Apache reservation in Arizona in an attempt to regain the freedom they had known before the reservation system was instituted by the United States government. The restrictions of reservation life were difficult for these semi-nomads, and they longed for the openness of the land the Spaniards had called Apacheria. Although the Chiricahuas could not have foreseen it, this was to be their last attempt to recapture the old ways that many of their cousins had already forsaken. The "renegades" or "hostiles" consisted of 35 men, eight boys, and 101 women and children. They would occupy the attention of 5,000 troops, 500 Indian auxiliaries, and an unknown number of civilians.
lorenzo

Postby Danny Heim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm

good stuff again Lorenzo
Danny Heim

Postby bergina » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Lorenzo,
As usual, your painting say’s a thousand words. I love the historical back ground you provided as it gives me a personal connection to your work. Your use of the complimentary purple and yellow tones along with the incredible accuracy and detail of your subjects is really a rare thing to see.
It was a pleasure,
Al
bergina

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby weirdpuckett » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Before your description was given I knew this was Geronimo . . .I saw some things along Interstate 10 once . . .. .Great rendition and story!
weirdpuckett

Postby Juliep » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 pm

I love this. The story it tells, the colors - the use of yellow and purple, the action/tension. This is great stuff. It just pulled me in. Just wonderful.

J
Juliep

Good Morning

Postby Michael Ortega » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:13 am

Great stuff
other!

I used to live in Santa Fe and I hung out with a lot of IAIA Students over the years. Nathan Begay, Diego and Mateo Romero, Tony Abeyta, Bob Gress, and a whole host of others. Great times with some really talented people!

Your work rocks! Keep it up...
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega