A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Inheritance

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

The Inheritance

Postby stevem » Wed May 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Hello everyone here is the sculpture I have created for the UNICEF benefit show I have coming up next week in Chicago. I call this one The Inheritance. This one is meant to raise awareness to what we are doing to our world and as a result what we are leaving our children. The world is displayed as cracked and crumbling, coming apart at the seams. "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children"-Chief Seattle
Attachments
The Inheritance Finished1a.jpg
The Inheritance Finished1a.jpg (165.46 KiB)
"Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You do not quit when you're tired -You quit when the gorilla is tired. -Robert Strauss
stevem

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu May 21, 2009 8:54 am

Nice piece and a good message. I like the patina very much. The base, especially the colour, is competing with the piece though. It would work best without a base in my opinion.
Erika Takacs

Postby BYart » Fri May 22, 2009 2:02 am

Your work is wonderful, and I think you deserve a standing ovation for your creating such a significant piece. Hopefully, soon, mankind will understand the effect of the error of our ways.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat May 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Stevem, This is a 1st class work indeed. A stand for a sculpture is always an issue it seems. It use to give me fits. The stand you chose for this has a lot of work in it. Fine woodwork. Does it compete with the work itseft. Perhaps. Does it take from the work. No, I think not.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Thanks for the replies!

Postby stevem » Sun May 24, 2009 9:55 am

Thank you everyone for your comments. I am excited to see how the piece does in Chicago next week. This will be my biggest solo show I have ever had so a lot of anxiety is built up. I wish some of you could be there.

Take care everyone.
"Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You do not quit when you're tired -You quit when the gorilla is tired. -Robert Strauss
stevem

Postby nigelartist » Sun May 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Love it!

I did a similar das clay head like that and called it 'The World's Head containg a Head of Worlds'

Acebase Sir love it!

Are the hands God's!
nigelartist

Postby krysta11 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:15 am

Excellent sculpture!

All the best stevem.
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury