A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Sorry I haven't been around...

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Sorry I haven't been around...

Postby SaraDalene » Mon May 11, 2009 9:41 pm

But I am back, and I have stuffage for y'all to lookit. Enjoy.

Original story I'm working on, this is the villain, his name is Vaurent

Good vs. Evil

Nerdiness galore....
This is what happens when I watch Transformers and Iron Man back to back... All I can say is it was fun to paint :)

Gratuitous self-portrait. I had a rough day, and this is what came of it.

Admittedly, I'm not very happy with this one. Suggestions would be welcome

To clear up any confusion... that is NOT a mountain, that is her body, she is lying on an obsidian table (or some such nonsense)

Escapism.

Anyhoo... that's all for now. Let me know what you think, pretty please :)
SaraDalene

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Danny Heim » Tue May 12, 2009 1:26 am

Na, I don't like it, too taught, stiill, it's interesting and well done, what is it? air
ush, digital? what? Though I could be one of those people who are jealous, yet, I can honestly say, I wouldn't want to do this, but nevertheless, you do it very well. Know what I mean? I feel the same way sometimes about much of my own art. Thanks for your talent, it's very good.
Danny Heim

Postby nigelartist » Tue May 12, 2009 5:48 pm

I agree...think I'm too old for space age stuff now as good as they.

Is it called hentai? (where did I hear that?)

I prefer oils and waters though am packing in watercolours as recently painted one of an aster and didn't enjoy it.

Good spacey work though!
nigelartist

Postby SaraDalene » Sun May 17, 2009 10:15 pm

NeoGenius44: Hentai is, literally, "Sexually Perverted", portraying weird fetishes (the most common is Lesbian/homosexual), so no: My work cannot be compared to Hentai.
I understand that people commonly misuse that word. Perhaps you should google these things before speaking of them?

Thank you for the comments. I appreciate the critique. The programme I use is Photoshop 7. It is difficult to get a proper feel of movement, as I am still using a mouse, instead of a Wacom tablet, but, as they say, practice makes perfect.
SaraDalene

Good Morning

Postby Michael Ortega » Tue May 19, 2009 9:17 am

You show a certain amount of skill with the software. There does seem to be a good amount of personal style peeking through here, which is a good thing. I think you may need a little more practice studying live models. In the long run it will make your drawings more self assured. The images here are all interesting. I wonder if you are going to try sequential art...It seems that you are headed that way. Do you want to tell a story? If so you need to start doing that. I think you have the potential to do something very creative.
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega

Postby BYart » Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 am

Well, I think you are very creative!
Please realize that I am not a digital artist, but I can appreciate creativity when I see it!
I too, think you would do well in a series, or sequal, as I look at these images and see there is a story to be told.
KEEP going! :wink:
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby SaraDalene » Thu May 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Thank you, Michael and BYart.

Sometimes, I think about telling a story, but then I realize that, no matter how specific I get about the story, people will still interpret it their own way (I do the same thing, I think it's a human thing to do, hehe), so I just leave enough detail in to get the story started, and let the people take it where they want to.

I would love to be able to study live models as I paint, but my computer is in a dark, solitary basement, and no one comes to model for me, so it is a little difficult to get the sense of movement exactly as I see it in my head, but I just gotta keep at it.
Thank you for the comments and critiques, they are very much appreciated! :D
SaraDalene

Postby nigelartist » Sun May 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Nice space age works.

I'm too old for lesbian vampires....HAHA! But then again.

Would be good in magazines and sci fi films.

Excelllently done but not for me.

God bless.
nigelartist