A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Burn Out

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Burn Out

Postby candies4u » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm

I did this painting in 2007, when I had a bad time and tried (as very often I do) to find myself in painting what is going on in my soul, my mind.

Burn Out
Acrylics on canvas
90 x 70 cm

I am waiting for your honest critiques on it. Thank you for viewing.

Candy
Attachments
2007 4 Burn Out.jpg
2007 4 Burn Out.jpg (189.49 KiB)
candies4u

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:22 am

I'm diggin it . . . .I see the center figure as feeling a bit empty- as the eyes are the windows to the soul and we seee the emptiness clearly. As for the outer figures, I believe they are the "scrutinizers"-the cause of said emptiness . . . .Great job!!! How did you acheive the wonderful texture/?
weirdpuckett

Postby candies4u » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:41 am

first thx for viewing and your interpretation to my picture.

to acheive the texture was really easy. as far as I remember I took a dry sponge, as you use in household, and put only a little of colour I needed on it. then I went using the rough site of the sponge over the picture.

example: the mask was painted in red values, with the sponge I made a little black over the painted mask.

I hope you'll understand my explanation. I'm feeling like I've to learn english again :-)

candy
candies4u

Postby lella » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 am

I Like your painting a lot, the open mouth in the central face feels to me like a void, a pit, something that swallows everything, (kind of threatening) while the blue eyes all around it seems to be guarding it, to refrain it from doing it ...well hope this interpretation wasn't too absurd :? I'm from Italy I have some problems with my english too :wink:
lella

Postby candies4u » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:16 am

hy lella, any interpretation to my paintings is welcome and there is nothing absurd in it for me :-)

in my work it is very important for me to reach others feelings, reach their soul by viewing. that's the biggest satisfaction for me.

so I thank you a lot for your comment.

lg, candy
candies4u

Postby rrsum » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:41 am

lella wrote:I'm from Italy I have some problems with my english too :wink:

Lella, don't let that bother you. Most of us in America can't speak proper English any more either. In fact...a lot can't speak English at all, so you're well ahead of them.

Forschnizzle... :wink:
Last edited by rrsum on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Summers
rrsum

Interesting

Postby rrsum » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 am

Candy,
Very interesting work! Almost tribal, like something a shaman would paint to tell the story of bad mojo when the bad spirits have been angered.

I like it. Look forward to seeing more. :wink:
Rich Summers
rrsum

Postby DrSirDrawsALot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 am

It looks like someone who is bothered out by these people around him, staring to the point where his own eyes burned out. It's like "Oh ma lawd, these stoners won't leave me alone..." This is such an awesome painting!
-Crystal J.
DrSirDrawsALot

Postby candies4u » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:36 am

@rrsum: something tribal? could be, because the empty face or mask is based on an old photography taken by edward curtis, who was a famous photographer of northamerican indians. so you've a good eye :-)

@DrSirDrawsALot: your interpretation is exactly what I wanted to show in my painting. thank you for your comment.
candies4u

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury