A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

my 2nd oil painting ever

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

my 2nd oil painting ever

Postby iseejamespeople3 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:52 pm

This is my second ever oil painting. Go ahead, gimme some advice, tips, etc. etc.

*The grayish stuff in the black area is the just the reflection of light because the oil wasn't fully dried when I took the picture. Sorry, I just didn't feel like waiting a few days.
Attachments
hand on neck.jpg
16in. x 20in.
Oil on mat board
hand on neck.jpg (185.3 KiB)
Dōmo arigatō misutā Robotto
iseejamespeople3

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby DrSirDrawsALot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 am

I love the blending of this painting! Well, some advice I got to give on is the hands, such as the width of each finger. I think the index finger seems a bit too fat compared to other fingers I'm looking at. This person looks like one of those born with that one finger problem due to the mother eating shellfish during pregnancy (OK, I don't think that's actually true, but I just don't know a way to put it). I'm mainly talking about the pinky and the ring finger. Where you trying to make the two fingers looked bended? If so, you probably wanted to
ing out knuckle bones a bit more so it doesn't look like they're so flat. I don't know. What do I know? I suck.

Keep it up with the good work. I totally dig this painting!
-Crystal J.
DrSirDrawsALot