A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

River Walk

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

River Walk

Postby bpier » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:37 pm

22x28 oil on canvas
Haven't really decided wether it's done or not or even wether I like it or not. Maybe someone else can suggest something that might help improve this.
Brian
Attachments
Pike's Creek 041.jpg
Pike's Creek 041.jpg (119.95 KiB)
bpier

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 pm

This work looks done to me. And very well done at that. I would leave it as it is. One thing to do is frame it . It,s a very good work. Better perhaps than you think.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xxbreezy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!! Yes....don't do anything...love it the way it is!!!
xxbreezy

Postby bpier » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Thanks John and Linda. I did notice something wrong with this that needs to be dealt with if I can figure it out. The river looks to me like its going up hill. Any suggestions?
bpier

Postby kcortese » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:14 pm

First of all, I LOVE the painting.

And I agree with you about the river looking like it's going uphill.

To me, the walkway seems to go downward behind the river, like there's a wall or dike holding the river back. There is a bend in the walkway, and you loose sight of it, giving the impression of going downward which makes the river look like it's going up.

That's my impression, just trying to help.
kcortese

Postby xxbreezy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 am

Well you can see it faintly bpier...maybe perspective off a bit? Left side has a definite downward movement while right is not so defined. Maybe throwing it off a bit. Not sure that I would make any major changes at this point though. Awfully hard to make correction at this stage of the game. Still a fantastic job!!!!
xxbreezy

Postby oilpainter2247 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:30 pm

hello bpier ,,,,,,this is one nice painting you have here

there is a thing i see in this that you might like to look at also

now you dont no me to good around here ,,,so i just hope you take this in a good way . and find me to be some kind of help

remember like i always say to everyone this is just the way i look at things ,,,,,, i could be way off with what i am thinking here ok here it goes

i took your painting here and did a bit of work in photo shop with it ....again if you dont ever wont for me to do this .. i will stop on the dime

the two arrows i have here are two things that might help a bit ,,,,,,the refection in the water ,,,,,,i made the refection stright and the bottom part of the painting i put a arrow there to maybe try and make the rail more into the middle of the painting a bit

i am hopeing first of all you are not mad in any way ,,,,,,,,and fined me to be a allright person

but again i will say that i do like this painting ,,,,,anyway you go with what you like and it will be a winner anyways

i did another one in photo shop also ,,,,,,,,if you would like me to post that one let me no it is ok

have a great day and stay safe .mike
Attachments
pikes_creek_remake.jpg
pikes_creek_remake.jpg (163.56 KiB)
Last edited by oilpainter2247 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oilpainter2247

Postby krysta11 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:37 pm

Hello Brian,

As I told you many times already, you are a great artist. I love every painting of yours. You know, usually when I paint mine I don't see any mistakes on canvas but when I take a picture and look at the image usually I am shocked :) because see better what I did wrong.
I wish Mike helped me this way sometimes too.
Mike , buddy, you are the best! Stay safe!

krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby bpier » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:12 pm

First of all, thank to all of you for all of the nice replies and feedback. I really appreciated all of it very much. Mike, I suppose some people would be bothered by fact that another artist was trying to change what they have created. You can give me all the creative direction you wish or post any changes you wish. If I think it will help to improve my art I'm always in favor of it. We, as artists, never stop learning. So go for it. And thank you.
I did make quite a few changes myself since I last posted this so I'll post the most recent one plus I thought I would include a few close ups.
Thanks guys.
Attachments
River Walk asc.jpg
River Walk asc.jpg (124.3 KiB)
River Walk Close Up asc.jpg
River Walk Close Up asc.jpg (164.74 KiB)
River walk close up asc 3.jpg
River walk close up asc 3.jpg (193.33 KiB)
bpier

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 pm

Brian, love the latest version. Lovely, casual atmosphere, beautiful warm colours. The earlier version needed something on the other side of the river, and now you put pots in the windows, perfect! Lovely job.
Erika Takacs

Postby kcortese » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Brian,

You did a fantastic job fininshing this! I LOVE IT! I see the changes in the
idge and buildings, and I have to tell you that it looks perfect! Congratulations on a job well done!
kcortese

Postby bpier » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks Erika and Kcortese.
I guess I don't know when to quit...at least not on this one. I did make some more changes. I was looking for a little bit of a different lighting mood. Well, these are my last changes...promise. Im calling this done.
Attachments
River Walk asc.jpg
River Walk asc.jpg (165.15 KiB)
bpier

Postby oilpainter2247 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:26 pm

bpier

very nice job on this one ........ you no i was looking at it for a bit of time also ,,,,,,,,,and do like the changes you maid on this one . nice work

wonderful job ,keep up the great work .and just happy your not mad ... have a great night and stay safe now ..mike
oilpainter2247

Postby BYart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:45 am

You've done a fantastic job Brian! I love the latest lighting changes as well! i'm happy you also put in the window boxes on the left side, it is perfect!
Great job!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby kcortese » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:42 am

Each time I look at this piece it gets better and better! A wounderful improvement since the first post! Time for that frame!

Good Job!
kcortese

Postby glomski777 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:03 am

I like the last one, you changed it from a afternoon walk to an evening walk in my perspective... i would love to be one of those lovely people enjoying the river.
The mere attempt to examine my own confusion would consume volumes.
glomski777