A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

RED

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

RED

Postby Riaan Marais » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Delivered this to client today. She looks happy, but need some other input. So, shoot away!!!

Oil on canvas (1400mm X 600mm)
Attachments
Abstract-RED.jpg
Abstract-RED.jpg (49.98 KiB)
User avatar
Riaan Marais
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am
Location: South Africa
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Harmonygirl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:54 pm

I like this, don't know why yet. It is confusing yet it pulls me in. I like the opposing rotations, I think this creates tension. I looked again, they are actually rotating the same way, but have extra swirls and this changes it up. Anyway. I like it alot. Do you have anymore like this? I would love to see them
User avatar
Harmonygirl
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:10 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi Riaan,

It is very good abstract. I can see sad face of a woman. Composition of colors in this painting is fantastic. I just simply love it!
all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey Riaan, I can't help it, I try imagining this in your cool 3D digital style.
Erika Takacs
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby Riaan Marais » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 pm

Harmonygirl wrote:I like this, don't know why yet. It is confusing yet it pulls me in. I like the opposing rotations, I think this creates tension. I looked again, they are actually rotating the same way, but have extra swirls and this changes it up. Anyway. I like it alot. Do you have anymore like this? I would love to see them


I do not paint abstracts that much. Mostly on commission only. I neglected to take photographs of them! I do not think much of my abstracts. They seem too easy to do and I feel that my realistic art is worth more to record. But I will do more and show. Thank you for your insight into my abstract. Appreciated!

Riaan
User avatar
Riaan Marais
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am
Location: South Africa
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Riaan Marais » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:52 pm

krysta11 wrote:Hi Riaan,

It is very good abstract. I can see sad face of a woman. Composition of colors in this painting is fantastic. I just simply love it!
all the best
krysta


Hi Krysta

Thank you for your compliments. I did not intend to paint a face and quite honestly can not find the face (lack of imagination!!!). Please, please tell me where the face is!!! I kinda feel a bit embarrassed not seeing the face!

Riaan
User avatar
Riaan Marais
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am
Location: South Africa
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Riaan Marais » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:02 am

Erika Takacs wrote:Hey Riaan, I can't help it, I try imagining this in your cool 3D digital style.


Hi Erika

Maybe it is because I have only posted my 3D art till now. I will post more of my real world art!!!

Riaan
User avatar
Riaan Marais
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am
Location: South Africa
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby kombizz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:15 am

nice one
I was born and
ought up in Iran, a beautiful country full of history.

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/view?id=188350
kombizz
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: USA
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:58 am

Riaan Marais wrote:
krysta11 wrote:Hi Riaan,

It is very good abstract. I can see sad face of a woman. Composition of colors in this painting is fantastic. I just simply love it!
all the best
krysta


Hi Krysta

Thank you for your compliments. I did not intend to paint a face and quite honestly can not find the face (lack of imagination!!!). Please, please tell me where the face is!!! I kinda feel a bit embarrassed not seeing the face!

Riaan


Hi Riaan,

Honestly I can see face of a woman. She looks like my late auntie Sabina :lol:
Eyes like swirls, green lips, curly hair. I don't know maybe I am going crazy? :)
All the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Riaan Marais » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Krysta

I can see a faint resemblance of a face. You are not going crazy, it is me that lacks imagination!!!

Thanks for answering my question regarding the face.

Keep well.
Riaan
User avatar
Riaan Marais
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 am
Location: South Africa
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby krysta11 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Your imagination is great, to create abstract like this one.
Who cares what others see and imagine . Most will interpret your work differently.

All the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
User avatar
krysta11
 
Posts: 2043
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:01 am
Location: Sydney
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby glomski777 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:07 am

I love it, don't touch it I want it on MY wall.
The mere attempt to examine my own confusion would consume volumes.
glomski777
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 11:47 am
Location: Minnesota
Gallery: View Gallery


Return to I Am Ready For The Fury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron