A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

A little vampire

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

A little vampire

Postby krysta11 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 pm

Hello everybody,

Do you like mosquitoes? I don't! :lol: :lol:
Thank you for comments.

Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:08 pm

She's back for more(blood). I'd like to see the previous version. Will try to dig it up.
Erika Takacs

Postby bergina » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:10 am

Hi Krystall,
I know you have commented on my past work and have always been so kind and complementary, thank you. I have started to paint again but it’s not the same. I have lost some of my motor ability but am now working on something very dear to my heart. Every day in my studio I’ve hit road blocks that I never imagined however not a major problem as I am totally passionate about my current topic and have the drive and patience to work thinks out.
I just viewed you recent work and I’m a bit confused. You acknowledged I think, that you don't like mosquitoes yet you spent time painting one? For me, you wasted some valuable time out of your life to actually paint this subject and then for some reason, asked others artist their thoughts? If you are trying to make some important statement here I’m with you but unfortunately, I missed the point.
My thoughts are of all the important things in your life that interest you and give you joy, why would you ever waste your special tallent on something you care nothing about? I know for myself at this point, without a real passion for the topic, it’s over before ever starting, not going to happen and waste of my precious time.
Just curious and mean no disrespect to you or your work,
Al
bergina

Postby artrocity » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:47 am

I don't like them either! Sure glad they're not that big! :) Personally, I think it's more fun to draw something you don't like, it's more challenging, definitely not waste of time!
artrocity

Postby krysta11 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:28 am

bergina wrote:Hi Krystall,
I know you have commented on my past work and have always been so kind and complementary, thank you. I have started to paint again but it’s not the same. I have lost some of my motor ability but am now working on something very dear to my heart. Every day in my studio I’ve hit road blocks that I never imagined however not a major problem as I am totally passionate about my current topic and have the drive and patience to work thinks out.
I just viewed you recent work and I’m a bit confused. You acknowledged I think, that you don't like mosquitoes yet you spent time painting one? For me, you wasted some valuable time out of your life to actually paint this subject and then for some reason, asked others artist their thoughts? If you are trying to make some important statement here I’m with you but unfortunately, I missed the point.
My thoughts are of all the important things in your life that interest you and give you joy, why would you ever waste your special tallent on something you care nothing about? I know for myself at this point, without a real passion for the topic, it’s over before ever starting, not going to happen and waste of my precious time.
Just curious and mean no disrespect to you or your work,
Al

Hello Al,

I love to read your comments (always) whether they are written to me or to someone else. I know who you are , that is why I do respect your suggestions and opinions very much.
I know accuracy , beauty of your great works and I am sure that your next one will be wonderful as well. That's fantastic you are painting again. Knowing your hands problem , it must be very hard for you.
Al ,I am very glad you have viewed my recent work. I will try to explain as best as I can why I painted mosquito. Many of my paintings as you know are very emotional, strong, serious and different in subjects. Painting them I feel tired , sometimes frustrated , emotional... To relax myself a little bit I am running away to easier, lighter theme, less important. Usually I paint flowers or even mosquitoes which for some reason are sharing earth with us. As an artist I think , that an old, wrinkled, ugly , sick, homeless .... deserved to be painted as well as pretty , sexy, young.... Do you know what I mean?

I don't like mosquitoes to bit me, especially when I sleep. I hate them but my painted mosquito is very cute, funny and colorful, I think. My grandson loves this painting and actually I painted it for him.

Thanks again for viewing my topic, Al.
All the best
krysta
krysta11

Postby krysta11 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:34 am

artrocity wrote:I don't like them either! Sure glad they're not that big! :) Personally, I think it's more fun to draw something you don't like, it's more challenging, definitely not waste of time!

Artrocity :lol:
Thank you sweetheart for understanding. Not everything what is bad is necessarily ugly.
krysta11

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:37 am

That big mosquito eye is what gets me.
Very fun and humorous. E
ehoeveler

Postby artnlife » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 pm

This almost has a Dr. Seuss quality to it. TO be honest it doesn't feel scary or gross. The colors are happy as hell. The image itself is quirky looking. I like the painting but I think you can push it further. Paint it again with a different color scheme. And then again with the body contorted in a different way. If you really want to explore what you don't like about it, I think you should keep going with it.
artnlife

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:24 pm

I never met a mosquitoe I did'nt like.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby krysta11 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 pm

ehoeveler wrote:That big mosquito eye is what gets me.
Very fun and humorous. E

E. thanks a lot for your reply. I am glad you took it as fun and humor. That's what was my intention, painting this little monster. :lol:
All the best love
krysta
krysta11

Postby krysta11 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:46 pm

artnlife wrote:This almost has a Dr. Seuss quality to it. TO be honest it doesn't feel scary or gross. The colors are happy as hell. The image itself is quirky looking. I like the painting but I think you can push it further. Paint it again with a different color scheme. And then again with the body contorted in a different way. If you really want to explore what you don't like about it, I think you should keep going with it.

Hello artnlife,

Welcome to ASC. I love your comments already. Thank you very much for your suggestions, which I took seriously.

All the best
krysta
krysta11

Postby krysta11 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:48 pm

johnwalkeasy wrote:I never met a mosquitoe I did'nt like.

John, :lol: me too. :P
krysta11

Postby littlelostsoul » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:59 pm

The vivid, happy colours are a strange choice for this sinister looking fella, but it works. It's almost like you're making fun out of the mosquito as a way of approaching your dislike of it. Maybe you just came up with a new method of curing phobias! :)
littlelostsoul

Postby krysta11 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 am

:lol: :lol:
Hello littlelostsoul,

I love your comment. Thank you very much. You are absolutely right.

krysta
krysta11

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury