A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Impressionistic equine paintings

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Impressionistic equine paintings

Postby Linda Wilder » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 am

Hi I'm new here, and would like to know what you think. You can view my work here
http://artistwilder.spaces.live.com/
Attachments
A Little Romance, 20x28in (Small).JPG
A Little romance, acrylic 20"x28"
A Little Romance, 20x28in (Small).JPG (34.22 KiB)
Linda Wilder

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Woodpecker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:51 am

Absolutely beautiful work! I think the horse needs to be a color further from that of the background. The reflections and wind blown hair - just wonderful. Well done! Kenton
Woodpecker

Postby nonarom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Exquisite. MOVEMENT and TRANSPARENCY go up to perfection. Very strong acoustic effect, like a musical piece of art. Speechless.
nonarom

Postby DLKeur » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:14 pm

It's beautiful.
DLKeur

Postby william » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Beautiful work of art.. I like the rest in your gallery too. Very expressive and full of movement... Color work looks right on to me.
william

Postby bergina » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Hey Linda, Don’t change a thing! This painting for me shows so much character, mood and more importantly, portrays the illusion of some real movement. You have also managed to create depth and contrast through your soft color choice and almost perfect detail and perspective. This is a very difficult thing to do especially using such a narrow band between your darks and light colors. I am probably not expressing my thoughts well. This type of discussion can not be explained through an e-mail. For me, the colors are loose yet so accurate and free flowing. The detail is tight but not overblown. The combination has resulted in a very special painting. I really like this and hopefully you are and should be very proud of this work.
It’s a real stunning piece of art and I don't say this lightly. Build on this. Your challenge now is to create something as moving or better. This will be a tough assignment but I can’t wait to see your work. Based on this and your other work, here is a heads up and suggestion for you.
Last year I was so fortunate to be invited to participate in the “Glory of Horses” mural originating out Texas. Long story short, the purpose was to raise monies to help support the horrific practice of slaughtering old and retired race and farm horses for food. There is a great demand for this is Asia and other parts of the Eastern world. Horse Slaughter houses illegal in most states, have recently sprung up in Canada. Texans love their horses as do Canadians. I have always supported animal rescue centers so this was a welcomed but very a difficult project for me. Briefly, 130 artists world wide including some of the very best horse painters (I was definitely not one of them) committed to each completing at least one 12 x 16 piece of art, all combining to match up in color and shape to make one large 16' x 24' mural that would supposedly travel the world showing at all the major equestrian events. This was much more difficult than I am explaining here.
I think you would be a great addition to future type projects but only if this is a cause close to your heart. Google “Glory of Horses” and take some time to review all the info.
This is only my opinion and by all means check out my work gallery which may help you decide the value of my comments.
Hope this was of some help.
I’ll be again, looking for your next work.
Al
Last edited by bergina on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.
bergina

Postby bpier » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Very beautiful work of art!

Brian
bpier

Postby Danny Heim » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 pm

I like the way this blends, generally this is not my kind of thing, but I like this.
Last edited by Danny Heim on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Heim

beautiful!

Postby bridgetown » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:10 am

I do love this painting.
I love horses and I love the beach.
This is beautiful. Well done!
:)
bridgetown

Postby xxbreezy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:11 am

I agree with everyone else!!! This is just fantastic art at its very best!! Everything...color, water movement, etc.. flow together beautifully!! I just love it!!!!
xxbreezy

Postby xxbreezy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:12 am

I agree with everyone else!!! This is just fantastic art at its very best!! Everything...color, water movement, etc.. flow together beautifully!! I just love it!!!!
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Linda Wilder ,
It is just amazingly beautiful piece of art.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby jenbray » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:00 am

Hi Linda

Like the other forum members said, truly beautiful. I find the painting very inspiring. How did you do that with acrylics?
jenbray