A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Frustration

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Frustration

Postby Woodpecker » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:05 pm

Be honest. I painted this last night. I thought I was through, but I see now that I still have some cleaning up today on edges and what not. I was thinking about putting in a partial wall painting in the upper left. Although, I do like the sparse and lonely setting to go along with her posture. Be
utal, I'm thick skinned and I'm here to get better! Thanks,Kenton
Attachments
Frustration on web.jpg
Have you ever been here?
Frustration on web.jpg (28.83 KiB)
Woodpecker

Postby abbyjonesart » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Leave the painting out of it. I also like the lonely setting... it fits with her introverted posture. I would have isolated her within the frame of the canvas in order to totally make her seem surrounded by the emptiness of the canvas, but the figure is rendered beautifully and you have a distinct eye for posture and composition of form. Over all I really like this piece and love what it says in the silences and simplicity of form and background.

Namaste,

Abby
"It is on account of emptiness that all things are at all possible."
Nagarjuna's Madhkyamikasastra
abbyjonesart

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby abbyjonesart » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:20 pm

On second look, everything I said before and I also looked at the piece from a distance from my computer and I adore the white line of the baseboard it creates a beautiful horizontal to the vertical pattern in the background and I re-emphasize my desire to see a vertical line of separation on her left side (the right of the piece). Fabulous hips and curves of the real and introverted feminine creature.

Namaste,

Abby
"It is on account of emptiness that all things are at all possible."
Nagarjuna's Madhkyamikasastra
abbyjonesart

Postby glomski777 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:51 pm

i love it! I feel the emotion
The mere attempt to examine my own confusion would consume volumes.
glomski777

Postby Woodpecker » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Thank you for your encouragement and your criticism. I composed her on the right because I thought it gave the image a no where to go feeling. I also liked the idea of busting out of the thirds and golden Ratio rules. Thanks ---Kenton
Woodpecker

Postby krysta11 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:47 am

I also love it!. Pose of the girl is very good.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby william » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:58 am

The figure is beautiful, don't know what you have to clean up, but if it seems a little out of balance, try to darken a little area of the floor...The empty wall space helps create a feeling, so play with tone and shade to put the composition into balance.....maybe a little shadow on the floor....something suptle though, don't over do it.....maybe a line along the left where the wall meets the floor.
william

Postby Kit » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:52 pm

I like it. I disagree with abbyjonesart about the positioning, this is better. It makes it look like she's hiding in a corner. I agree that a painting displayed prominently would take away from the loneliness of it, but something peeking into the frame from above would emphasize that she's on the floor, below the usual eye level.
Kit

Postby Woodpecker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Thanks, all! Thank you for taking the time. I Think I enjoy the process more than the finale!! Kenton
Woodpecker

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury