A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I'm Ready!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm Ready!

Postby Williamlk » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm ready for the fury!!!!!!!!!! What do ya think?
Attachments
US.jpg
US.jpg (49.73 KiB)
Williamlk

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:31 pm

I like the vitaley and message of the work. What size is the work?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby DLKeur » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:58 am

It's good. Wouldn't change a thing. More "poster" work, than fine art, but definitely "punctuated."
DLKeur

Postby william » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:09 am

You have a strong message in this one. How did you make your color choices? The words seem angry, shocked, and outraged. I feel that I almost want to see colors to match the feeling. The compostion itself is very good.
william

Postby Williamlk » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:18 pm

The actual piece is darker in appearance. I took this pic in the daylight so the white seems to be more accentuated. It has a darker feel on the work itself.
Williamlk

Postby william » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Yeah, gotta love that natural light effect on a piece.....i've noticed that in my work too.
william

Postby krysta11 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:06 am

Very , very strong message. No more wars! , Enough!, No hijacking!!, No killings!

You are very wise William. I agree with you. Love your piece.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby BAReam » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:39 am

Really like some of the things/statements going on here; however, I believe
ENOUGH might be a bit more effective if it were painted into the composition, then over painted... I believe "enough" is your central statement? If it is, should be the "Title", or at least included in the title.

It is my experience text can be a delicate balancing act and all text should remain "on point" as much as possible. I relate to your generalized commentary as a starting point to spin off more specific and focused statements as a series. You might consider including some statistical elements to emphasize and support your argument(s) as well.

Bear in mind this drivel is less critical than it is some suggestions for improvement and subsequent work.. carry on... be well.

Bruce
BAReam

Postby BAReam » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:50 am

Williamlk wrote:The actual piece is darker in appearance. I took this pic in the daylight so the white seems to be more accentuated. It has a darker feel on the work itself.

Williamlk; don't know if you photographed this in direct sun light; but if you did, try taking the piece out side on
ight sunlit day but photograph under a porch or shadow side of a structure. The light spectrum remains balanced, but diffused... no flash!!

all the best...
uce
BAReam

Postby Williamlk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:31 am

Bruce, I did take the photo in full synlight, I will try yoor suggestion, thank you!
Williamlk

Postby Williamlk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 am

Krysta,

Thank you so much!
Williamlk

Postby william » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 am

Although it may look darker in person.... I took another look, I still say some of the color choices could be more psycologic.....So many feelings are related through color choice....... dark or not, you still come to the common thoughts of "blue is sad", "red is angry" , "yellow is anxious". Again the composition is strong, the statement is strong....the color would enhance all of this.....
Don't get me wrong, I like the piece, I just keep wondering about the colors....and the feeling that would go with them....

If you reshoot it and get the color closer to what is on the canvas, put it up. It may relate a different feeling.....
william

Postby BAReam » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 pm

As the piece stands the title "State of world" or "State of man" might be effective title choices. Just a thought.

Bruce
BAReam