A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

my first painting of a car

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

my first painting of a car

Postby gminer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:29 pm

My husband is in love with old cars. So for fathers day I painted this 57 chevy belaire. Of course he loved it but thats because I'm his wife. I really would like another opinon before I tackle any more paintings for him
Attachments
chevey belaire1.jpg
chevey belaire1.jpg (90.27 KiB)
gminer

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Menolly » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm

I like it, especially since it's a first effort. I like how you added reflections in the chrome. Also, I wouldn't worry about other people's opinions too much. Constructive criticism and suggestions are great, but one thing I know about art is that you shouldn't abandon it just because someone else doesn't like it. Some of the best art in the world was absolutely trashed in its time. If you enjoyed making it and your husband appreciated it, I say full steam ahead.
Menolly

Postby nigelartist » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 am

Lovely.

Lovely nice warm colours.

Love your use of perspective.

What about painting a corvette stingray please? Beautiful car.

Why not do a series???
nigelartist

Postby krysta11 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:44 am

Hi gminer ,
You did an excellent job. For the first painting of a car, wow. Very nice colors
all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby Danny Heim » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:44 am

very cool bumper and tail liten not as fond of the quarter panel and the bel air emblem, need more chrome there maybe. Doesn't matter, just a minor crtizism, overall the piece is very good. danny
Danny Heim

Postby Riaan Marais » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm

I can see that you put a lot of effort into the painting. You did really well. Do more!!! :wink:
Riaan Marais

Postby gminer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:54 am

Thank you all for your wonderful comments of my first car painting. My husband ended up
inging it to the Chevy dealership where he works and its a big hit. They have asked him to
ing in more. Not one of my favorite subjects to paint but to make him happy why not. So thankyou for your kind words of incouragement.
gminer

Postby BAReam » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:14 am

Very nice work.... not quite "slick"; but that is a GOOD thing, in my opinion. Chrome/glass are real challenges to paint, but you did a good job here :)

all the best... Bruce
BAReam