A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Darn! I Screwed This Up!

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Darn! I Screwed This Up!

Postby southerngirly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:41 pm

I worked on this piece to loose the beauty that was within it. What happened was I saved the file size wrong and it got all distorted looking and I could not get it back to it's original because I created It on the computer using my mouse. Oh well, here is a little about this painting. It is one of my Water angels that I love to paint. I also like to use light within their faces to represent the light they truly are.

This one is in the water with wet wings and and what was ONCE a beautiful sky in the background. Not much left to look at but I thought I would share it.
Attachments
Water angel 3.jpg
I Can't believe I lost the original :~(
Water angel 3.jpg (33.87 KiB)
southerngirly

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:24 pm

Okay, so now redo it. It looks like it was excellent, even just looking at the remainders.
DLKeur

Postby southerngirly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks for your comment, now I just have to get back on it. It's not easy using a mouse LOL.
southerngirly

Postby Ted » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:04 pm

I know what you mean, (about the mouse) its worth the investment to get a good tablet! one thing I see that may help try to use difftent
ushes, and cast a good dirrectional light source. blur the whole image out a bit and then focus some detail just on the angels presence.
Ted

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby southerngirly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:10 pm

Thank you for your comment, I've really lost a lot of this picture and I am not sure if I can do anymore to it however, I will try to keep your ideas In mind for the next :D
southerngirly

mouse

Postby jimdlemons » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:57 pm

all the images I create on the computer are done with a mouse so I understand the difficulty. It looks etherial though, very nice
jimdlemons

Postby southerngirly » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:33 pm

Thank you for your comment, I definately need to learn the program before I go saving files. I saved it then went back in and changed the size, next thing I knew I had a distorted painting so, I had to really work hard on it just to get where it is. I like drawing with a mouse. I have a not so expensive tablet and I swear I can't use it LOL.
southerngirly

yeah

Postby jimdlemons » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:36 am

the transition between mouse and tablet is challenging, or to one of those track ball units.
jimdlemons

Postby nigelartist » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:39 am

You need to make a greater contrast between the foreground and background colours.

Warm/cool colour theory.
nigelartist

Postby Danny Heim » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 am

Hey, hey, hey. Like it. May not be yuor original be still groovy nonetheless. I've had your experince many times. The best piece I think I ever did I lost in adobe by running out of memory and lost the file. It happens. danny
Danny Heim

Postby southerngirly » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Well I do appreciate your comments on this piece, I will have to work on learning more about my program so this sort of thing does not happen again. I love angels but I think I should try other things now.
southerngirly

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury