A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Emotion

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Emotion

Postby BAReam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:53 pm

This image is an intaglio etching completed c. 1996. It employs my unique method of production (proprietary). Note: image is reversed-- photo shop fip-flopped the slide when burning to disk.. not that it matters that much.

Does this evoke an emotion? Please be detailed and specific.. thanks :shock:

BAReam
Attachments
Enigma- Cry of despair.jpg
Enigma- Cry of despair.jpg (43.52 KiB)
BAReam

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:59 pm

This work could be viewed in a number of differnt ways I think. Depening on what ones fame of mind is at the time. Emotions. Love, hate, fear, anger and sexual. Well, I don,t see the 1st 4 here. But I do see some sexual emotion here. Perhaps the reason for that is what I 1st seen here. Was an image that reminded me of a picture in seen in a book of a female sexual organs. And as my mind was intuned to those thoughts. I could see people in profocative positions. Now ofcourse all that could be in left field. A child might see an ant farm or snakes and bugs. I don,t see any love or hate. But I do see fear and sex. I have look into the face of a rapest and the face of a girl that was in danger of being raped and mudered. And as my thoughts progress. It reminds me of that time.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BAReam » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:44 pm

John; thanks for taking a look. When I look at this piece I see all these things, and more.. it all depends on my mood and recent experience, at least to some degree. I've always been intrigued by "automatic painting" and Rorschach interpretations. It is interesting though considering the sexual aspect is one of the lesser impressions for me... but certainly is there. Did you notice the small background figures?

Anyway.. thanks so much for your comments as it creates "food for thought". Do you like the piece, hate it, find it disturbing.....?

have a great day.... BAReam
BAReam

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, I like the work. Even though it is Without color. Don,t find it disturing. Although it does remind me of some bad things.
John A. Barandon
johnwalkeasy

Re: Emotion

Postby rips10 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:49 am

BAReam wrote:This image is an intaglio etching completed c. 1996. It employs my unique method of production (proprietary). Note: image is reversed-- photo shop fip-flopped the slide when burning to disk.. not that it matters that much.

BAReam

Yes ,the emotion is-- suffer and sadness I don't know about other but to me its showing -struggle with suffer(often gray color used as a simble of sadness)
rips10

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby BAReam » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks rips10; For me this piece embodies many levels of conflicting emotions... and yes, sadness is certainly one of them. I appreciate your comments.

The best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby candragon » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:14 pm

I see dancers here. But there is pain in their movements. It is organic and unusual. Not really up on this type of work, but I thought I'd give my opinion. Hope it makes sense...
candragon

Postby BAReam » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Johnwalkeasy said;

But I do see fear and sex. I have look into the face of a rapest and the face of a girl that was in danger of being raped and mudered. And as my thoughts progress. It reminds me of that time.

Do you see this in the piece, or are you making a reference to another experience. Please elaborate... all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby BAReam » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi John... care to respond to last post? I am a bit confused as to your reference.

the best... BAReam
BAReam

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:33 pm

Bruce, I do not see a particular action in this work. But in a general way the work tens to convay to me sexual condenations. It also tens to convay to me an unhappyness. These things reminds me of a very fearful experience I had as a young boy. If not for this experience. Perhaps I would see a differnt thing. A 100 other people could see a 100 differnt things. As for what I see to lead me to the sexual thoughts. It is the positions of the figures. As for the unhappyness. It is because the work is without color. As for the fear. That,s where the art work has left off and I begin to remember my own experience.
John A. Barandon
johnwalkeasy

Postby knapp » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:41 pm

I don't see fear, sex, suffering, rapists, scared women, or dancers. I see scribbles and dots, black, white, and grey.

But don't you see....that is what makes this kind of work so great. It allows us freedom to imagine, gives us the space to be Creators. For instance, when you look at a traditional still life, there is not much room at all for the imagination. That apple is an apple, the grapes are grapes.

But this work gives credit to the most powerful human faculty, imagination. So no, I don't see any of the things mentioned, but I can imagine.

Good work.
knapp

Thanks Knapp

Postby BAReam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks for the kind comments knapp.. much appreciated :)

all the best... BAream
BAReam

Postby BAReam » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:19 pm

knapp wrote:I don't see fear, sex, suffering, rapists, scared women, or dancers. I see scribbles and dots, black, white, and grey.

But don't you see....that is what makes this kind of work so great. It allows us freedom to imagine, gives us the space to be Creators. For instance, when you look at a traditional still life, there is not much room at all for the imagination. That apple is an apple, the grapes are grapes.

But this work gives credit to the most powerful human faculty, imagination. So no, I don't see any of the things mentioned, but I can imagine.

Good work.

This imagery is very closely related to the "totem" or totemistic"" imagery if this series of work... actually, the precusor to the "totem" imagery.
BAReam

Re: Emotion

Postby DLKeur » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:42 pm

BAReam wrote:

BAReam

Honestly? No. Sorry.
DLKeur

Postby krysta11 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Very difficult subject to me. No comments.

all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby Danny Heim » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:36 pm

I diffinately see "Emotions". In fact Bruce, that is exacly it, it is emotions, perfect title, that is how they feel, what you have done with this, it is emotions, all of them. I like it for that reason. danny
Danny Heim

Postby LOADSTAR » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:08 pm

i see dinosaur bones in the background, and in the foreground it almost looks like someone holding their hand up, cupped. there are also clouds in the background. how to interpret...hmm.. well it symbolizes discovery, but also a sort of reverence for that which is dead and gone and can't be
ought back to life.
LOADSTAR

Postby BAReam » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks all for your comments; been off for awhile so catching up..sorta. Back in a couple weeks.

all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm

You too, Bruce. Come back soon. :)
Erika Takacs

Postby BAReam » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:52 pm

He's baaack :P and ready to harass Nigel so more :shock:

all the best...
uce
BAReam

Next

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury