A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Study of a Swan

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

conflicted

Postby gnash » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:00 pm

i have a friend who has recently had a rash of inspiration - artwise - and is suddenly producing
illiant stuff. she's had sales and all kind of good attention to her work. but her husband isn't exactly supportive.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and just don't ask him anymore what he thinks.
gail
gnash

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby maria » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 am

I think it's exquisite.
maria

Postby bergina » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 pm

I was the first person to respond to your swan painting, thought it was great and also the work on your website and recommended other artists to check it out. I just read all the comments and agree. This is an art forum about art but this boyfriend guy disturbs me and I just have to respond. I know, none of my business but you
ought his disconcern for your tallent, work effort and apparently lack of artistic support to a public forum? I don't know why you did this? But, maybe I do. I was in a relationship like this many years ago and it sounds so familiar. I am no Dr. Phill but the last thing you need to grow and develope your tallent is someone like you described that appeared to be unsupportive, opinionated but most of all unsupportive (had to say it again). Hopefully he is a great guy and this is his only down fault. However--
What a shame from my prospective as I am really impressed with your work. What you could accomplish in the future with a positive support at home as opposed to what I interpret as negative has no boundries. Art forums such as this is really nice but it's not the same.
I may have misinterpeted this situation and as I said, none of my business. Only one thought. Photograph his best work and send it to this forum as I would love to see what your artistic friend has done. However, even if it's great work, I still don't like him.
Sorry, I like your art work and just had to comment.
Last edited by bergina on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergina

talent and support

Postby gnash » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Bergina's right. this forum is for critiquing work (pro and con) in a supportive way, i think. but when a talent like yours is being suppressed or even downtrodden, it's a crime. lesser artists than you have done great things with their work and made money also. you have a gift that's about as good as Norman Rockwell's and should end up gracing gallery walls, calendars, coffee mugs and anything else you decide to do with it. i could see it being great illustrations for a book or two. but women, in particular, tend to hang their futures on some guy and sometimes the guy is jealous of her talents. i've also been there and done that. so take these thoughts as you will and good luck.
gnash

Postby pamearleywine » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:51 pm

[/i]hahhahaha - it gets his goat enough when I win an award or sell a piece - no need to light his fire :roll:
pamearleywine

Postby pamearleywine » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:00 pm

Actually, as old as I am getting to be I can take negative comments pretty much in stride. And it doesn't hurt to hear some negative comments that make you kind of step back and take a second look to see if you are going in the right direction or not. Sometimes though a bit discouraging. I have however, decided not to let him go to any more shows with me. Last summer when I went to an openning reception where I got a best of show, he walked in and looked around for 5 minutes and said he would be out in the car - to get my award and go. :( I had wanted to stick around and talk to people - but hey , guess thats one of those guy things. But decided I needed to just take my daughter with me to these things in the future.

So many encouraging remarks - don't know where to start saying thankyou to everyone. But especially thanks to everyone who took a minute to go look at my website and see my art :D

Pamela
pamearleywine

Postby pamearleywine » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:01 am

After thinking about everyones comments over the weekend I do need to say a little in defense of my boyfriend who is actually a pretty darn good guy overall. I didn't mean to give the wrong impression of him - nobody is required ever to like my artwork you know. I think everyone missed where I said he showed an extreme amount of patience with me staying up til all hours of the night drawing. I am talking til past 11 Every single weeknight and 1 or so in the morning on weekends!!! Not everyone is so tolerent as I well know - I lived with a man for 8 years who said that my drawing was a "waste of time and money" and he didn't want to ever see me doing it. So there you go - I would much rather be with someone who doesn't like what I do, but puts up with it. hahaha Now enough of that and back to the reason I come here - which is to see everyones art and show some of mine on occasion :D
pamearleywine

Previous