A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

'Where is my nut' <- oil painting

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

'Where is my nut' <- oil painting

Postby KarinPavlic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:54 am

The title of the painting is 'Where is my nut?'.

It is oil on medium grain canvas of 7.9x11.8" (20x30cm) size.

The oil medium I used for it is Dutch Medium.

Bigger picture can be found in my gallery.

All your comments are very much apreciated and helpful for my future works. Thank you
Attachments
Veverica2.jpg
'Where is my nut'
Veverica2.jpg (117.13 KiB)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
KarinPavlic

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Well, I hope the little guy finds his nut. I like the color of his fur, Both dark and white. And I like the look on his face. I not sure about the white tail, Looks kinda like fathers. But I guess that,s the way this guy looks. It,s a good drawing. And painted well. What kind of gritter is this?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby beautifulbay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:41 am

A red squirrel! What a cute little guy. With the amount of these critters I have in my yard, I'd say his nut is probably buried under my wood pile. :?

If you are looking for critique on him, I can't say anything about your style, I'm not a painter, but as far as the squirrel goes, watch that big white tummy. It seems like it is too big of a white area for one of these guys, I don't really see any with such large white patches across their tummies.. usually just a couple of shades lighter than the rest of them...and sometimes some grey in there...doesn't mean they don't exist, but that sure looks unusual. And it may be too
ight for the rest of the image, provide some shades to it to blend it into the pic better, it just seems to stand out too much....other than that, he is very cute and you did a nice job with him! :D
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Postby KarinPavlic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Thank you both very much for the critique. :) It is very helpful and apreciated.

Beautifulbay: Hihi, as there are different sorts of horses, same goes for squrrels. :)
In this attachememt is a photography of one of them. =)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (4.12 KiB)
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
KarinPavlic

Postby beautifulbay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Good! Just as I said, it didn't mean they don't exist. Is this a particular kind of red squirrel? The ears on this one are also very large. A cute little guy!...or...are these fox squirrels? That may explain such an unusual appearance.
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Postby KarinPavlic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:00 pm

I'm not sure actualy wich species it is precisely. We have them here tho and we just name them forrest squirrel. But it could also be F.Pyrropus found in Africa or maybe P.Lucifer that is specific for Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia.

If you are interested in squirrels here is a link where the species are listed (with pictures) :http://www.angelfire.com/fl/scalisti/Species.html

Some are realy odd looking. :shock:
KarinPavlic

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:22 pm

A darling picture. E
ehoeveler