A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Honest appraisal

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Honest appraisal

Postby behrcsu » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:57 pm

What do you guys think of this one? I want it to convey feeling more than realism.

Kilmanjaro
24"x36"
oil on canvas
Attachments
Kilimanjaro.jpg
Kilimanjaro.jpg (65.32 KiB)
behrcsu

Postby PhotoK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:44 am

I think you got the feeling in this one. The only problem I had, I not sure if the white on the mountain is snow or clouds. My first thought was snow, but looking at it I'm thinking clouds. Your greens and blues are nicely done.
PhotoK

Postby saphyre » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:22 am

This is a great piece, reminds me of the ones my mother used to do. She used to watch those shows with the painter, I can't remember his name, All I can remeber is "happy little clouds". The clouds onyour painting are so happy they seem to jump off. I think that if you put a little bit of the mountain colors in the clouds, like at the bottom where the shadows go that they will blend in more and not want to jump off. I loved seeing this kind of painting again, Thank you. :mrgreen:
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby behrcsu » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:44 pm

Ah, yes.....Bob Ross. You know, I think I'll grow my hair long and sell a new show to the cable networks. Thanks for the feedback. I see both of your points about the clouds. I really appreciate it.
behrcsu