A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

forest path

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

forest path

Postby www-ksart-se » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:11 am

Well here it is. My first try at painting nature.
This is somthing I will do again was great fun!
Acrylic on canvas.

Over to you!

[Edit] Cant seem to get the light just right on the photo. It is a litle darker in real life.
www-ksart-se

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: forest path

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:34 am

Does it not feel satisfying to do something good the first time you try? Just a small comment about the rock wall on the lower right. I think that if you deepen the dark shapes of the rocks a little more and put some not blended, or minimally blended dark and light shapes on the rocks that it would make the painting look like it has more depth than it currently does. It is that thing with our focus of vision. Objects close to us are more in focus than those objects more distant. Just a thought. Nice painting anyway.
CarlOwen

Re: forest path

Postby www-ksart-se » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:56 am

Hi Carl. You're absolutely right about the depth. I have been thinking about that a few days now. Dont know if dare to fix that. Afraid to ruin it all.
We will see, I'll give some more thought. I any case i'll be sure to remember that in my next painting.

[Edit]
Thank you for taking the time to give me your input. All you get from loved once is, ah that is nice, I like it or not my favorite.
Its great for a noob like me to get a little more technical input.

Cheers
www-ksart-se