A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Oil on canvas, 35x45 cm.

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Oil on canvas, 35x45 cm.

Postby Dean Petrovski » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:26 am

Untitled yet. still drying, any CnC, apreciated.

abaparobipi
Dean Petrovski

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Oil on canvas, 35x45 cm.

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:59 am

OK Dean, three days and no comment. You should be picking up the message from the silent viewers. But as just about everyone here knows, I care not for shock art or macabre art so don't expect favorable comment about this work. It does show good composition, use of color, abstract organization, and dynamic brush use. My question is, why are you wasting your time, ability and material on this type of presentation? I have seen a lot of this stuff on this site and can't help but to wonder, why? I sure would like to know the rationale behind producing this type of work. Could you please enlighten me?
CarlOwen

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Nothing but Love for my Learned Colleague, Carl, But...
as a long-time battler of depression and anger I validate Dean's POV and the necessity
of people being able to relate to that POV. Carry On, Dean and Thanks for Posting. E
ehoeveler

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Elizabeth, you amuse me to no end. While often not on the same page, we are frequently in the same book. Now, a word or two from Dean would be nice as the questions to him remain unanswered.
CarlOwen

Postby Dean Petrovski » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:40 am

hello again everyone, thanks for the comments.

Sorry for a late reply but i was not at home so no internet for me...

Carl - I do not know how to explain this, but sometimes i need a vent, i do not really like commercial art for example, while i love naturalism and realism, but when i need a vent i often go back to pieces like this, those are usually produced in deep depression or melancholy like days, cant say that i love it but my life is like that, i often get depressed and have panic attacks and stuff like that, so in those times id rather paint expressive and agresive instead of overthinking and processing everything i do, simple explanation, in those days id rather not do tedious work on a still life, portrait or landscape...

As of why exactly that and not just a fast thing on another subject, its that simply because i feel like that at the time.

Hope this helps on case of my painting, i cannot speak for the other things you have seen on this forum :)

Cheers, and reply if you want to chat more about it.
abaparobipi
Dean Petrovski

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:31 am

I truly thank you for answering my question Dean. It helps a lot. Between 52 to 54 years ago, and no I did not mistype the numbers, I did such work much for the same reasons. It was therapeutic at the time as I had no one I could talk to and I had no way to escape my circumstances at the time. So, I understand the level of internal need to scream out. And since you shared in your answer, I must also share. You see, I had rheumatic fever with joint pain almost always, and had a psychologically abusive father. No way out, except for getting lost in my artwork. Over the years I have either had those early works stolen or lost or I simply destroyed them. They were pretty good, but just as well they are gone. I hope you make it through to the other side. I did.
CarlOwen

Postby Dean Petrovski » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 am

Yeah Carl, anytime i would answer.
Sorry for hearing you had troubles also but eh i gues that makes us what we are.

Cheers man,
Dean.
abaparobipi
Dean Petrovski