A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Guiltless Tree

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

The Guiltless Tree

Postby the_geeky_artist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 am

"Are you, are you...coming to the tree?" This was created as a companion to a poetic piece. The poetic piece was that of the victim (shown hanging) writing his last letter to the tree. In it he asks the tree to not blame itself for his demise. An innocent man brought down by small town politics. The tree bleeds and spews poison all the way down to its roots. Years of subjection to the atrocities of man have caused it to grow twisted, and distorted.

Pen, marker, crayon, colored pencils, oil pastels on paper.
Attachments
the_geeky_artist

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: The Guiltless Tree

Postby Singular » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Very good designand love the color. Not sure I like the leaves in the background though. It looks ok but does not compliment the tree as much as I would like. Also think the secondary trees and branches in the background are a bit week. They look rushed a bit. Overall a nice pice though.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: The Guiltless Tree

Postby the_geeky_artist » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. The background branches and leaves were a bit rushed. I wanted to focus more on the foreground. I'd played with the idea of darker colors for the background. It didn't work for me. It had a muddy feel and felt it took away from the story some. Imagine being a hiker going through the woods and coming upon this tree. Yes, scary at night or a darker overtone, but pulls more at you in the light of day.
the_geeky_artist