A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Introducing Theta One

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing Theta One

Postby rhknigh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:34 pm

My self-made Mascot and Muse, in a little diorama here:

Here is my completed Theta 1 with a preview of the plebiscite munny theta minions who will follow his lead. This is the first release shot with the olive branch.Loaded with symbology, yes, I am very Greco-Roman nerdy if you hadn't already figured it out.

And displayed from many angles (Thanks to Tanya) here in my dedicated gallery album http://www.asingularcreation.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6116

If you have ever wondered about the symbol I used to create my logo here is a piece I am working on to put in my FAQ section of my blog:

Absolutely in reference to Theta brainwaves on which there is also plenty of reference on the web (and I am working on an article myself).

Explaination of the Theta symbol usage in my logo: (In) but instead of parenthesis think of the old maps of the world that were oval, so "In the art world or the world in general.

My particular use of the symbol is a broken open to show thought and creativity unlimited and also breaking through beyond the physical limits. Boundless energy to create beyond the accepted sphere of what is. Taking a mental journey resulting in a spiritual awakening that casts outside of the shell of the physical or mundane reaching for more.

The dot at the top and bottom of the I is to show like a flame on a candle, which in this case is certainly being burned at both ends. Also the use of a candle is to show that I am shedding light on something often over looked, enlightening, maybe.

And as we know "I" is how we refer to ourselves the I in inspiration is a person and the creative person makes something of their inspiration... and a candle lit and burning bright will also melt and die. = human condition, we all are facing ultimate death. So, its about shared experience and let's focus on art and think about what inspires us in order to live IN the moment and get the most of each one.

Theta, Greek alphabet character for "Th" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theta

specifically the one on the left side here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Theta_uc_lc.svg

Comments and critiques are welcome, just play nice-ish. If it is not for you it is not for you.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Introducing Theta One

Postby Endlessfun » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:38 am

I stumbled on Dean Radin a while ago and thought to look him up again. The Global Consciousness Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvJfkI5NVc&feature=youtu.be
- I think its almost certainly allied to your theta thing.
I will continue this on the shooting the breeze section.
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.
Homer Simpson - [Not] M.Aurelius actually
Endlessfun

Postby rhknigh » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Endlessfun wrote:I stumbled on Dean Radin a while ago and thought to look him up again. The Global Consciousness Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvJfkI5NVc&feature=youtu.be
- I think its almost certainly allied to your theta thing.
I will continue this on the shooting the breeze section.

Dean is a smart guy, I think we could get along swimmingly. Definitely worth listening to.

Did you see my gallery photos of Theta One? What do you think of my little mascot? He has made a debut on my blog in the "About" page. I am going to keep him as a promo fun thing and as my own little muse. Theta One is a bit of a Lar perhaps. I wonder if anyone else has something they keep around to inspire and encourage them. I suppose many use overtly religious icons.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby Endlessfun » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:00 pm

I dont know how far to go with this as we are on the 'gentle crit ' section and Im not even a sculptor – huh! as if that would stop me pontificating [ snort ]

Theta one...
A personal talisman / Rebecca arch type / well spring of further creative endeavour
First impression: amiable whimsical figurine,with accessories - firmly its own character errr irrespective of intent.

By instinct we read faces and text before we even mean to and you cant unread something so having a 'prompt' wears thin after you have read it once.
I personally want ownership of what to think about an objet d'art but thats me

Anyway if it your first piece then there are infinite possibilities and directions to go . It looks as though you are at a basic stage – I have complete confidence you will dazzle in ze future.

My own muse left me long ago
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Endlessfun

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:23 pm

All hail, Theta One! "Greco-Roman nerdy" works for me!
Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Endlessfun wrote:Anyway if it your first piece then there are infinite possibilities and directions to go . It looks as though you are at a basic stage – I have complete confidence you will dazzle in ze future.

My own muse left me long ago

It is true, it is very basic and my first time doing something like this. However I am very pleased with my Theta One because everything I conceptualized came to be, and even better than I thought. I keep this little figurine on my desk on the column as shown. It aMUSEs me :lol: I have put an image of Theta One on my About page on my blog. I like having a little 3d figurative version of my logo that I can use creatively for promo. Much better than wearing out the full image as my only way to do so (like you see in my signatures). I made the body the same color as the background scheme, so it really is tuned into my blog 100% - don't know if you noticed that.

In all the ideas that I have put into this little talisman it is an embodiment of how I approach art. It is fun, it is serious, it is of high order, it is to promote cultural harmony and understanding, it is also basic, and within all of us (the body represents all bodies). My one beef is I couldn't make my olive leaves look more like actual OLIVE leaves, but at least I made the laurels. I was working with freaking rounded boxwood, bleah.

I really liked using the gold spray paint and making this made my desk a bit more arty. I even have supplies and a better idea of how they are used and stuff. Here is where I do my blogging and such:
Rebecca's Writing Desk, mostly about art...

rhknigh
Writer

Postby Endlessfun » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 am

You have to incubate an egg in the dark and keep it very very secret so that it doesn’t attract predators.
It is your precious.
As it grows you can prune bits off and show the world
but you must never never show how its done
until you become indistinguishable from your work. ....
and have strangers do your shoe laces for you. (not really-I just like to laugh)
Welcome to the mentalist fraternity
Endlessfun

Postby rhknigh » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:08 pm

A pruned egg... what a great surrealist concept.

Thanks for the welcome.

rhknigh
Writer