A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

my animal drawings

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

my animal drawings

Postby luna » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:51 pm

the pictures are attached.
Attachments
luna

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: my animal drawings

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello Luna...
Animals are a great place to start when it comes to not only skeletal forms, proportions but also texture...
And so far you are doing well... I would like to see you do an animal (any one).. and take photos of your progression...
From the basic scribble (or guideline form), to some steps you did in the refining.. to the last where there is shading and texture. Even if you do not share on the forum... doing your drawing in these stages will help you greatly. Try to avoid the outline of your overall figure, then filling in the middle... (unless you are wanting to refine the skill of contour drawing) .. or likewise avoid drawing the middle and building the outline after... These without a strong foundation in skeletal and musclature may lead the artist to drawing dis-proportionately. Keep it up... You are really doing great!
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: my animal drawings

Postby luna » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:38 pm

thanks for the advise.. i will do it soon. what i do is start with a side like the head or the back and move around to figure out the proportion. i also sometimes do general shapes of the limbs first. since im in an art class my teacher gives me tips when i show the drawings to her. i also do biweekly sketches and turn them in.
luna

Blog: View Blog (1)