A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Mind Boggles ?!

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

The Mind Boggles ?!

Postby Ben Art Fish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 am

Hi I'm Ben Fish and I'm new to this forum. I have been purposefully painting for 18 months now, trying different techniques, ideas and inspirations. I am keen to find a focus and would appreciate any directional feedback you lovely people can give me :) I will attach some examples of my work or please see my gallery for a more comprehensive look. Thank you.
Attachments
Ben Art Fish

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: The Mind Boggles ?!

Postby nigelartist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:52 am

Artworks 1 and 2 look okay. Nice colours and interesting subject matter. However, I feel artwork 3 seems incomplete. I would have added more colour to the body.

What are the titles as well please?
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby Ben Art Fish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 am

Thanks for your feedback. The colour scheme in 1 and 2 is what I tend to use regularly. Artwork 3 was part of a series of contemporary stencil work i was trying out. Artwork 3 is a comment on how life and all it's modern complexities can drain someones being. Artworks 1 and 2 are about pregnancy and are entitled Pregnant Woman 1 and 2.
Ben Art Fish

Postby Phil_B » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 am

the 1st one reminds me of the horror film 'the unborn'. i would experiment these ideas using darker colours, they would certainly express the emotions you're trying to portray here.
Phil_B

Postby nigelartist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 am

Many thanks for the information Ben! Makes sense to me now!

Great work...keep it up!
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby moebean » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 am

I think these are amazing, you have obviously mastered drawing the human form. Very expressive pieces. Just curious, why the decision to use a 9v battery in the 3rd image? ~moe
moebean

Postby Phil_B » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 pm

moebean wrote:I think these are amazing, you have obviously mastered drawing the human form. Very expressive pieces. Just curious, why the decision to use a 9v battery in the 3rd image? ~moe

my interpretation of the 3rd piece is of a frequent user of the drug psychedellic drug acid also known as lsd. for example, man that john is such a battery head
hes always dropping acid.
Phil_B

Postby moebean » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:02 pm

I would never have made that association as I've never heard of that reference "battery head".
moebean

Postby Phil_B » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

it's a term used in the UK. not sure about the USA.
Phil_B

Return to Be Gentle