A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

3D Artwork

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

3D Artwork

Postby Auriel » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 pm

(please excuse all grammar imperfections)

Greetings to the members of the ASC Community,

I am Auriel,my hobbies consists of Artwork mainly of course, building computer hardware/software programming,video gaming.

My main medium is digital, with that said the program I currently use is Blender, and the program I first started using was Photoshop.(I still use it but not as much). I came here seeking a mature environment for creative growth, unlike what sites I
used to thrive when I was a 12 year old. I chose this specific section because of the fact that I have just begun my journey of upgrading my tools to better create in 3d environment, as I purchased and built my computer was I used to game more than
I did "Create" the game. Rather, I was not intending to use this current machine to craft high quality, lifelike renders/animations, but in due time , hard work and learning, I may have those tools to achieve that dream, so for now I settle in to this
section until I can create extensively and have my full potential critiqued.

I'd like to start with my current favorite which is a textured model of a Green tree python, in which is bright red, and fiery nostrils, he has been entered in the contest currently of Fiery red of course but I'd like to know for future reference if there can be improvements. The title is "Fire of the forest". Fantasy animal embodiment of flames.
Number of vertices:80898
Poly/Face/Tris count:161792 IT KILLED MY graphics while rendering x.x.

Auriel

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: 3D Artwork

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:59 pm

This snake is big, bad and red. Love it, love the detail of the
snakeskin and those eyes/nostrils are hypnotizing! Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Postby Singular » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:51 am

Hi there. I think you did a nice rendering here. I do think thatere is a bit too much glow around the snake. But that is just personal preference.

Nice job!
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby nigelartist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 am

Nice rendering indeed. The snake does appear to be glowing hot...maybe that was your intention.

Nice artwork!
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby Auriel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:56 pm

nigelartist wrote:Nice rendering indeed. The snake does appear to be glowing hot...maybe that was your intention.

Nice artwork!

Yup, I intended him to look glowing hot, I'm so happy I succeeded in it.

^_^ thanks.
Auriel