A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Painting

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:55 am

I have just completed my new painting and added it to my Gallery album. I would love to hear what my fellow artists think. Your feedback will help me decide if this piece should go in my upcomming participation in a local show.

Thank you,

Lea
Attachments
Ayelet #1.JPG
Ayelet #1.JPG (36.5 KiB)
avlearay

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi, Avleray; Can you tell me the story behind this work?
Also, what is the medium? Do I see actual jewelry used?
Thanks, ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Lea, I love your abstract work and I love the jewellery, but I like them on their own. On this piece they don't go together in my opinion. The necklaces and
acelets in your gallery are very classy,
Erika
Erika Takacs

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi Erika and Ehoeveler,
Thanks for the comments and compliments. I appreciate your opinions very much! I was trying to do something different/unique by combining my love of abstract art and jewelry. I used mixed medium of acrylic, enamel, and sand paints. On the eyes I used faux eyelashes with rhinestones, and on the neck I placed a small version of the beaded necklaces and
acelets I have in the user gallery. My inspiration for this piece came from my daughters own love of art, and the fact that she wanted me to create a painting of her in an abstract form. My daughters name is Ayelet, (pronounced Eye-Yelet) and this is why the eyes are the focal point of the painting. I am still not sure if I should put this one in my upcoming show, what do you think?

Lea
avlearay

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:53 pm

Ya know what? I think the picture is funky and a little bit different; go
ahead and show it! I see a nod to Picasso and the jewelry is something not alot of people "do". I myself have tried to do the jewelry thing with limited success. The only thing I would suggest is to define the lips.
See if you can make them look a little more lip-like.
Good Luck! ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Postby Singular » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58 pm

ehoeveler wrote:Ya know what? I think the picture is funky and a little bit different; go
ahead and show it! I see a nod to Picasso and the jewelry is something not alot of people "do". I myself have tried to do the jewelry thing with limited success. The only thing I would suggest is to define the lips.
See if you can make them look a little more lip-like.
Good Luck! ehoeveler

Great suggestion with the lips. Defining that area a bit more would help to clear up some possible confusion. At first glance, I actually thought that the lower area was something else.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: New Painting

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:24 pm

avlearay wrote:I am still not sure if I should put this one in my upcoming show, what do you think?Lea

Lea, it's hard to say without seeing the other works you would like to show. It would probably be a good idea to show works done in the same style. Could you show us the other ones as well?
Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:58 am

I second that request from Erika; I would love to see more of your work,
anyway. Thanks, ehoeveler
ehoeveler

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 am

Hi All!

Thanks for all the suggestions and wonderful comments! I will try to define those lips and make them "more liplike". As for seeing more of my work, at the present time evrything I have in my posession is posted in the wonderful online gallery of this web site. I will be choosing from these pieces for the show, and am currently working on a new project as well. Please do me a favor and check my current pieces out and let me know what you think. I value your opinions and love the fact that you are honest about evaluating art work. By the way, I love Picasso!

Lea
avlearay

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:32 am

Ok, my pick is: first and foremost "Obsession", then in no particular order
"Sound of Waves", "Masquerade" and maybe this last one. I think the shoes rock, they'll sell for sure! Erika
Erika Takacs

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Thank you for the advice Erika. "Obsession" is one of my favorites too! It will be a very hard piece to part with, but I think it will sell too. If any other fellow "starving artists" have comments, suggestion or feedback, I would really appreciate it.

Lea
avlearay

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Avleah, I can't find your work-checked the gallery under paintings and digital work - would love to see it! ehoeveler
ehoeveler

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:56 am

Hi ehoevoler, you can find more of my work in the User Gallery. I have Jewelry and contemporary/abstarct works albums. You can also access my albums through the Jewelry catagory. After you enter the jewelry album you can open all my downloaded works from there. Let me know what you think.

avlearay
avlearay

Postby ehoeveler » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Hi, Av; Saw your pieces - really like the jewelry and 'Shoes". Keep
up the good work! E
ehoeveler

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:59 am

Hi E!
Thanks for the complimemts. I was just curious, since you have now viewed all the pieces, which ones would you put in the show? I would love to hear your opinion.

Lea
avlearay

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Lea, did you check out the ratings of your works in the User Gallery? Most Viewed and Top rated categories might help you decide, because, girl, you are sure popular there! :lol:
Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 pm

Because a body of work should have a common thread, I would use
'Facing Existence'( Love it!), 'Ayelet', 'Signature', 'Masquerade' and 'Sound of Waves'. As much as I like "Obsession'(Shoes), it seems to be a bit of a departure from the rest of your pieces. Good Luck E
ehoeveler

New Painting

Postby avlearay » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:49 am

I just wanted to thank you both, Erika and E, for your valuble opinions and feedback. I am so glad that I joined this artists web-site! Where else could I get honest opinions like yours?! I will keep you posted on how things go.

Lea
avlearay

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:39 am

You're welcome, Lea. :) Yes, we'd like to know how you did at the show. And if you could share your general afterthoughts about the show in the post on the Art Discussion board...it would be great! Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:00 pm

Good Luck, Ave; We are rootin' for ya! E
ehoeveler

Next