A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

deer hideaway

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

deer hideaway

Postby oilpainter2247 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:33 am

this is one that is 24 by 36 oil on canvas ,,,,,,,,,,,,hope you like it ......if you dont then that is ok too .................mike does not bite ,say what you will . have a great day all and stay safe .mike
Attachments
0011.jpg
0011.jpg (144.2 KiB)
Last edited by oilpainter2247 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
oilpainter2247

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Mike doesn't bite :lol: , so I'll say this: I love this painting without the deer which seems to be an afterthought. Other than that, it's really beautiful, one of your best, Mike. Composition, colours are excellent.
Erika Takacs

i have got a bad pic of this one ,here is the new

Postby oilpainter2247 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 am

new pic
Attachments
008oo8mikenew.jpg
008oo8mikenew.jpg (174.07 KiB)
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:44 am

hello Erika ,i am happy you came by .............. you no better then me getting mad at you.........never ........... i am trying new things with this one ,

first of all that pic i put up is not the right one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, second i redid it a bit

now again does not mean the deer will stay ,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i am trying with this one

see what i did here is i put the deer in first ,,then tryed too paint around it ....... it took me all night just too try and make it look like how you said it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,like it was put in last

but i do agree with you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i do think it does look a bit better

what do you think now ,,,,,,,,,or do you think it should be just left out .....

thank you again Erika for your nice comments ...it always means everything too me ...... and dont you ever by shy too kick me around a bit .lol :shock:

hope too see you reply again .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby BYart » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Mike,
Lovely landscape, very well done!
I would agree about the deer, however, I think you might fix it by increasing/strengthening the detail on the deer. To my eye, it is a bit too soft, given the detail in the trees and other elements close by.
Lovely scene, none the less... I like!!!! :D
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby oilpainter2247 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:49 am

hello barb i am happy you came by also .........mike has pulled out all has hair and is now bold from this one

i agree with what the two of you had said ,,,,,,, it is always nice too have a place like this too show ,and have other tell you what they think ,,,,bad or good

well with this one i have done more work .............please tell me how you like it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,if at all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am trying with this one too get it right . but with the way i paint this is a hard one for me .............so come back girls and let it all hang out . lol from your buddy bold mike
Attachments
mikerework1.jpg
mikerework1.jpg (193.11 KiB)
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:51 am

o forgot too say also ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,everyone come by and say what you will ,,,,,,,,,, mike never gets mad he just crys all night long .....lol mike
oilpainter2247

Postby Juliep » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:44 am

Hi Mike,

You always get such a great atmoshere in your paintings. Just lovely to look at.

Okay well please don't pull anymore hair out or cry all night but I'm going to pick on your deer a little too.... He needs a shadow. That's what he really wants....I think. Then he'll be happy and comfy. IMHO.

Juliep
Juliep

Postby BYart » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:42 am

Hi Mike!
Love the atmosphere as well!
I think pushing the darks/shadows on the deer and also adding stronger highlights on the deer(look at the tree trunks and add the same values of highlight)...might be the ticket?
JMHO...hope you don't mind.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, I also think the deer needs to stand out more. Also, the size of it: either
ing it forward if you want this size or make is smaller. I'm just looking at the tree closest to it, and it doesn't seem right.
But, Mike, I'd also like to say, your paintings belong to the very few I need no presence for any living creature. That's really odd for me. 8)
Erika Takacs

Postby oilpainter2247 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:18 pm

hello Juliep ,thank you for your nice comments too this painting ..........yea you no i might have too put more shadow in this ,,,,there is one but it is just not comein out on the photo ............ i might just have too darkin everything some more

thank you again for looking ...........your comments always mean everything too me ........................and i am so sorry with my late reply too this . just been busy if you no what i mean .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Barb what would i do with out you looking :D i no it ,,,,,,,,i tryed too push it more ,and looks like i might have too again

this one is driveing me a bit nuts ...............i dont wont it too be too dark ,,,,,,but yet again i just might have too ................in the years i have been painting ..............you would think i would no better a push it

i was just not looking at the tree .............

my dark mix there is burnt umber and dioxazine purple , 60-40

i might have too use lets say some black in there also too boost it up some

i am going too look at this more over the next day or so...........as i am getting ready for a show next year and have too get 16 more paintings done

i am just not good when i am ruching things ..............have too slow down

i will repost this one in the next week ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Barb thank you again for always takein the time out of your day too post .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Erika you no something ,,,,,,,,,you have posted two times too me here ,,,,,,,,,,and that will always mean the world too me,thank you

the funny thing was when i showed this too my dad two days ago he had said ,,,,,,,you no mike something is up with the trees here ............maybe make the one next to the deer a bit taller

the more i look at this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i would have too say maybe it is the tree and not the deer

in all what i have got out of all this is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it dont come out when i rework it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i still can keep the landschape and take the deer out ......................

i have been working so hard trying too make the landschape that i forgot that i still need pratice with makein a deer look right

and i was thinking i was a pro already :lol:

well any way thank you all for your comments and helping me out with this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will always be happy too have friends like you girls here

and remember like i always have said ,,,,,,,,,it means everything too me

from your bold friend mike :shock:
oilpainter2247

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 am

Lol, Mike. Your dad is your best critic it seems. I know you put a lot of work into this, but it may be best to put your deer in a new work, by using a different strategy. I suspect your troubles may have arised from what you said you painted the landscape around the deer.
Erika Takacs

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:02 am

yea i think your right Erika,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just paint over it ,and try again in another painting

it is just one of them paintings for me ..........i dont do animals much ...i have ............but this one did not work out

try try again ...............thanks for posting again Erika ,have a wonderful day .mike
oilpainter2247

Return to Be Gentle