A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Conflict of Natures

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Conflict of Natures

Postby LOADSTAR » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:38 am

"The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1:5
I hoped to convey the battle between dark and light that occur within a man as it might appear as an external conflict. The insidious darkness can only just grasp at the man's foot, but the
ight light protects the man's heart.
I am still a relatively unexperienced artist, and am not sure that I acheived the exact effect I was going for. If you have any suggetions, they are welcome:)
*The image that I took of the actual drawing is a bit blurry, so you cannot get the full effect of the man's expression*
Attachments
smaller.JPG
smaller.JPG (36.19 KiB)
LOADSTAR

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Juliep » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi Loadstar,

It looks like you've spent a lot of time on it. the rocks look great. The composition is impressive. Nice work showing the light. It's not an easy thing for people to always capture. Knowing that it was part of your topic you did great.

Working on human anatomy is always a challenge and looks like your on your way. My only concern is that his arm is twisted at an odd angle.

Did you have a model or a photo that you were able to use? I always find it a challenge to find the right model in the right pose.

Good texture on the feather too.

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Juliep
Juliep

Postby LOADSTAR » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for the comment Julie:)
I used peicemeal reference pictures for different parts of the man's body, but the arm came purely from my own imagination, hence the akward angle. I'll see if I can't tweak it to make it look more natural.
LOADSTAR

Postby Brittany » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:48 pm

The shading is pretty awesome-the feather in the drawing (I love!) The idea is great but the upper body seems abit stiff. Perhaps making the body bend a little more downward would make the image more fluid.
Just something to consider... :D
Brittany

Return to Be Gentle