A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Opinions on house

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Opinions on house

Postby hooks91 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:39 pm

This is a house i did in chalk pastels.
Attachments
House.JPG
House.JPG (36.35 KiB)
hooks91

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Hooks, I was hoping that some of the painters will give you better advise, but everyone seems to be in vacation mode. I think you've chosen a very interesting but difficult angle for the house. I'd like to see a little bit more detail. Some shading and contrast, some playfulness with colours would be nice. Keep working and good luck!

I encourage everyone to help our new friend with your opinion.
Erika Takacs

Postby arlynnhr » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:23 am

I'm not an expert and I myself need to improve perspective, but something doesn't look right...I checked and all the lines go to the focal points ( :? : I don't know if I translated that correctly to English :lol: ), but there's still something that bothers me. I feel like the window on front part of the house is going to fall down. Anyway, it would be a good idea if you checked it again yourself.

I also think it's too simple. As Ericka said, it needs more detail and a better and playfull use of colors to make it more interesting to look at. Maybe you could add more "accessories" like plants in a garden or add more to the building like a porch or detail in the materials used (wood, concrete,
icks, etc). Also, I don't see how you're using light (I think Ericka also mentioned this). You need to add shadows on the left so that the sun on the right side
ightens the right side of the house.

I hope this helps. :D
arlynnhr

Gallery: View Gallery