A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

baby monkey

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

baby monkey

Postby LOADSTAR » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm a young, unpracticed artist of 17. here are a handful of my drawings. please, tell me what you think of them and how i can improve upon them :wink:
Attachments
forum bunny.JPG
forum bunny.JPG (37.79 KiB)
forum monkey.JPG
forum monkey.JPG (42.6 KiB)
forum refugee.JPG
forum refugee.JPG (43.29 KiB)
LOADSTAR

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:33 am

I love your sketches. You have a good eye for detail and I think you did a very good job!!!! You may want to get a 6HB pencil as it will darken your sketches a bit....just a suggestion. Not really a whole lot to say about your work as you did such a nice job on them and will look forward to seeing more of your work...thanks for sharing!!!
xxbreezy

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:18 pm

I sense an inborn talent here, just keep working. Be a bit bolder with shading. The first one looks like the famous photo of the Afghan refugee girl from National Geographic. The monkey is very nicely rendered.
Erika Takacs

Postby LOADSTAR » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

thank you for your replies; they are much appriciated. Wow, i didn't know anyone would recognise the national Geographic Girl as the reference picture for the "Refugee" sketch!
LOADSTAR

Return to Be Gentle