A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Jean Grey sketch. Feedback?

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Jean Grey sketch. Feedback?

Postby Tatii » Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey ^^
This is a sketch of Jean Grey of X-Men I did a week or so ago. I'm just looking for general feedback as i'm trying to learn to draw in comic style again after drawing realism for a few years. This is a referenced picture but i'm drawing without reference now, i'll hopefully upload some on here within the next few days.
don't really get any decent feedback off my school friends as those who draw all draw anime/manga.. xD
Any critique/comments would be greatly appreciated :D
Thanks a lot,
Tati.
Attachments
jeangrey1.jpg
jeangrey1.jpg (78.73 KiB)
Tatii

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby xxbreezy » Mon May 26, 2008 7:06 am

Nothing wrong with using reference pictures Tatii!!!! I think you have a great eye for detail and drawing people on any level can be somewhat frustrating. You seemed to have accomplished here what you wanted to. Great action figure and if you stay with it you will only get better. Nice job!!
xxbreezy

Postby LOADSTAR » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 pm

this is a really nice peice. you made her hands look natural, which can be hard from this angle. i would like to experiment in comic-book type drawings. do you have any sources that you could recomend to me? you can reply by going to the "baby monkey" post in this forum.
LOADSTAR