A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Have you ever tried a single line drawing?

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever tried a single line drawing?

Postby Matt LaCross » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:35 pm

Hello,

Here are a few of my sinle line drawings. I found a book that was done of Picasso's "One-Liners" and I have been doing drawings like this since 2000. A single line drawing is done withought any sketching. each drawing is done in a single line of ink, and thenn I will go back in and fill areas with ink, but never alter the original drawing. The single line is the purest form of expression I have ever experianced. You can just let your mind flow and see what you can create.

Hope you enjoy.

Matt LaCross
Attachments
Cross.JPG
When I started to draw the first line in this image coming from the right side (his left arm) something just moved me to draw the form of the cross. I have been asked by many people to sell the image, but I am keeping this for my collection.
Cross.JPG (18.67 KiB)
Look close.JPG
This image was done for a woman I was dating, and I don't usually do animals, but after about a 4-hour phone call, I went to a coffee shop and did this drawing in one shot. The woman had the drawing done in a tatoo on her back.
Look close.JPG (23.45 KiB)
Self.JPG
If I was too say that I have done an image that reminds me of myself, I would have to say that this is it. for some reason I just can feel something from myself in the eyes.
Self.JPG (42.03 KiB)
Matt LaCross

Postby Singular » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm

These are very nice. I have tried different forms of line drawing, but never single line. It seems as though it would require a certain amount of discipline. But on the other hand, one would have to be rather fluent and free in form to make it work. pretty ironic.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby djuric » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 am

I love the third one because it has a message. Its also very clean and dynamic. I guess it reminds me of Monty Pyton´s Life of Brian...
djuric

Postby ZaraT » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:21 pm

I love the first one, i'ts beautiful in a way, and very fun to look at. :D
ZaraT

Postby DLKeur » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Second and third have commercial value. Very good.
DLKeur

Postby rips10 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:26 am

Very impressive.Last one is the best one to me.You can use color pen.I mean You can try with colored single line.Best of luck.Rippy
rips10

Postby DLKeur » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:43 am

Oh, I like them in B&W as they are.
DLKeur