A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Learning

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Learning

Postby jnine4 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 pm

Not a trained artist at all. Just for fun and this was my first attempt at painting something that slightly resembles reality somewhere. Should I continue to learn or throw in the towel?
Attachments
jnine4

Re: Learning

Postby jnine4 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:31 pm

The clouds are poorly done. Def need to re-do those.
jnine4

Postby jannatul18 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:42 am

Its a beautiful artwork but I also think that you should have to re-edit the cloud portion. And the part where the ray is falling. Otherwise its nice and I love your use of color here.
jannatul18

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 am

In regards to your question, only you can answer it. But let me nudge you a little. The fact that you spent time and thought doing this work tells me you are interested in creating art. The fact you ask others to make up your mind about what you should do or not do tells me you lack self confidence. The fact that you say you have no art training tells me that you are actually proud of this work. I suggest you are the one to make the decision about creating art. You have skill, but need some training. YouTube is a great resource. I suggest you apply the same attitude you have about creating your art be applied to your self confidence, like get a thick skin and be a little cocky.

As to the painting, I see a really beautiful presentation. It is most colorful and powerful. I agree with the comment about the clouds but only in the area of it being a different style divorced from the rest of the painting. Becoming an artist and being an artist is a most difficult endeavor. You shall work hard in autistic mental and physical isolation producing a work of art to the world and get kicked in the gut by some and hailed as a hero by others.

But, good fortune to you as you work through your decision.
CarlOwen

Postby jnine4 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Thanks to those of you who chose to take the time to look and offer your opinion. Yes Carl, you are correct. I do lack self-confidence. I am very interested in creating art. Always have been. And yes, I am somewhat proud of this painting as well as others I have done. I learn through each one I do. I do spend much time on youtube. Have learned a lot there as well as CreateTV watching Bob Ross, Jerry Yarnell, Katharyn and Gary Jenkins, Sue Schuwee (sp).

Thank you for being kind.
jnine4

Postby jannatul18 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:37 am

jnine4 wrote:Thanks to those of you who chose to take the time to look and offer your opinion. Yes Carl, you are correct. I do lack self-confidence. I am very interested in creating art. Always have been. And yes, I am somewhat proud of this painting as well as others I have done. I learn through each one I do. I do spend much time on youtube. Have learned a lot there as well as CreateTV watching Bob Ross, Jerry Yarnell, Katharyn and Gary Jenkins, Sue Schuwee (sp).

Thank you for being kind.

You are most welcome and looking forward to see more of your works.
jannatul18