A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I'm the new guy

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm the new guy

Postby HeadedHome » Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Hello. I have been lurking around this site for about a month now, but never had the guts to join (till now). The works I see in the contests are so wonderful. I have always been a lover of art, but never thought I would be able to create it. About a year ago my lovely girlfriend of fifteen years bought me a cheap set of drawing pencils as a gag gift. That got my creative juices flowing, and I haven't been able to stop drawing or painting ever since.

I love the process of creating a work. Since I have never been trained, every stroke of the brush or pencil or pastel is a moment of discovery for me. Even now. I see our world differently now. Everything is a potential painting. I have lived in Western Washington near Seattle for the last 26 years. I always knew it was beautiful here, but MAN! Looking closer, I am astounded! Constantly! It's a new place now.

My favorite media are acrylic paints, oil pastels, and charcoal. I also enjoy watercolor pencils, graphite, and soft pastels. One of these days I will invest in some formal training. I know there are so many more things I need to learn. Until then, I will just keep discovering.

I will upload more of my works soon. I entered the Sky's the Limit competition with one of my first oil pastel paintings.

Thanks so much.
David
HeadedHome

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: I'm the new guy

Postby Tyneboy » Wed May 06, 2015 1:33 pm

welcome David look forward to viewing your work
Tyneboy

Postby Singular » Wed May 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi David,

Welcome to ASC. It's nice to meet you. Hopefully you enjoy your visits with us and learn a lot. I look forward to seeing you around.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby HeadedHome » Fri May 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Thanks guys. I posted some of my work in my gallery.
HeadedHome

Return to New Member Introductions