A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

new here

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

new here

Postby Phylis » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:48 am

Hello
I'm new here. I'm having trouble getting good quality digital photos of my work especially pen and ink drawings. It doesn't pick up the details and looks a little yellow.
I always enjoy doing artwork mostly in colored pencil and pen and ink. I am always looking for new tips and ideas.
:)
Phylis

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:31 am

Hi Phylis,
Welcome. I know what you mean, your owl's details are faded. I'd say experiment with taking photos. Try natural light, no flash. My best shots are taken outside, when it's partially cloudy. Take photos of your work while unframed, then crop with Photoshop. These are just a few simple guidelines you can use.
Hope others can give you more professional advise. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby DLKeur » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:41 am

Your pen and ink is exquisite. I can tell how good it is despite the bad shot of it (the owl is the only I have seen).

Taking good digital photos of artwork is REALLY tough...especially if, like me, you
eak cameras.

Suggestion. Get someone you know (a teen can usually do it in a snap...no pun intended) who's good with digital cameras and let them do the captures.

It takes lighting, and the right angle, but I have no luck myself and have to hire it done, so...take me with a grain of salt.

Another option is using a scanner on flat work. Doesn't work for oils and acrylics, though.

Anyway, WELCOME. Wonderful work. So glad to have you here.
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 am

Hi Phylis,
Welcome aboard. I think your work is wonderful. I look forward to seeing more.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to New Member Introductions