A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Salve! I am Víctor Fernando Capiolle a.k.a Lentiginem

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Salve! I am Víctor Fernando Capiolle a.k.a Lentiginem

Postby Lentiginem » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 pm

I think a proper introduction would be an explanation of how I became the artist that I am today. Well, like a year ago, I started making small, minimalistic portraits of people in order to make a fund for college (I want to study mathematics). And one day, a Danish guy asked me to make a portrait of him but with the specification that his eyes be the only traits of him to appear in the painting. I took his proposal as a challenge, and I also took it as a test (to see how good I was at impressionism).
This is what came out:
http://lentiginem.deviantart.com/art/Universos-Paralelos-y-Opuestos-482721425

Ever since that day, I started experimenting with impressionism. With acrylic colours and watercolours. etc.

As I said above, one of the reasons I paint is because I wish to go to college, to pay college. (I'm already accepted). So, if you know of a scholarship or a funding program or a someone that may buy one of my paintings or some way (even if they are just ideas) that may help me pay college, please tell me. You would literary help my art, myself, everything. So,like I said, even if it's just ideas, please tell me. Please.

What else can I say. Well, I speak four languages: Spanish, English, French, and German. Though I have a bit of struggle with German. I also know Catalan, which is the tongue of Cataluña: an autonomous province of Spain.
Hmm... what else....... All of my life I'm been dedicated to study. I'm 20 years old and, so far, I have graduated as a Chef Pastry specialized in folkloric candies; I also graduated in a course of computer maintenance and a small course of programming including the languages: c++,java, php an the tag language of css and javascript. I was also the leader of a project to make a green car; however it failed. Or, I failed, better said.......as a leader.

Also, I have written 4 books. I have published none of them, neither have I edited them. I have been writing ever since I was seven in every writing style: from poetry to professional journalistic essays. I like philosophy a lot. And I love talking about it. I'm also quite knowledgeable in Judaic and Christian theology. I have also taken interest in the concept of mythology.
In fact, some of my paintings are verses of a mythology I'm writing......and painting.

I started making portraits when I was twelve. I started because there was this beautiful girl in school that I liked, and I wanted to give her a portrait as a gift for her birthday party. (I didn't have money to buy her something neither did I have any clue as to what buy a thirteen-year old girl) Of course, this first portrait was pathetic. I never gave it to her. I never went to her party. But I guess that is when my desire to understand portraits and faces started.

Oh OH! Lentiginem. "Lentiginem" is the Latin word for "freckles". I use this word as a pseudonym because my hands have freckles. And well, I paint, I write and I do most of my life with my hands.

I guess that's enough info for now. If not, you can always ask.

-Lentiginem
Lentiginem

Re: Salve! I am Víctor Fernando Capiolle a.k.a Lentiginem

Postby Singular » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Lentiginem,

Very nice to meet you. It seems that you have accomplished so much in your young age. I look forward to seeing you around.

al the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Lentiginem » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:47 pm

Singular wrote:Hi Lentiginem,

Very nice to meet you. It seems that you have accomplished so much in your young age. I look forward to seeing you around.

al the best,
Joe

Thank you
Lentiginem

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:41 am

Victor, I love your experiments with light and dark colors as well as the marker styles. I notice there's a progression of capability that's growing nicely with each rendering. You've got some really nice work on there! Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to New Member Introductions