A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Chinese oil painter Lei Liang: Landscape and Flower/peony

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Chinese oil painter Lei Liang: Landscape and Flower/peony

Postby huagu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:14 am

I am a Chinese landscape/peony oil painter in combination of French Impressionist oil techniques with Chinese landscape conception. To see my paintings and critics, please visit http://www.leiliang.com My email: EmailOffice5@sohu.com

Here below are some comments by critics:

Chen Danqin: Lei Liang's painting is quite special with his painting methods. I have never seen such kind of paintings before. His colour is that of Cezanne's strokes while his image mode includes Chinese traditional painting spirit, unique and refresh. This experimentary oil painting localization is a courageous testment! Keeping on this painting way, he may auspicate a new painting style.
(Chen Danqin: Art Professor at Academy of Arts and Design Tsinghua University)

Jia Youfu: I have taught painting in the Beijing Central Academy of Fine Arts for dozens of years but I have never met such kind of art modes like Lei Liang's! You one man will have to carry on your shoulder 2 big mountains: Chinese traditional painting and oil painting. This is unprecedented art. If you do well, you will be marvelous!
(Jia Youfu: Chinese Painting Professor at Central Academy of Fine Arts)

Wang Guangyi: I can see from Lei Liang's artworks the possibility of avoiding China's contemporary art tragedy.
(Wang Guangyi: Famours Chinese Contemporary Artist)

Luo Shiping: Lei Liang's painting contains strong emotional billows, a tangled combination of despair and optimism, gloom and vehemence, sorrow and joy, and at the same time, there exists a permanent placid as a sangfroid feeling after big sorrow and big happiness experiences. No person can arrive to accomplish this special art assembly without idiosyncratic personality and powerful control. In contemporary painting circles in China, we can rarely find at present any painter such as Lei Liang, so devoted to his own interior sight without any antiquated conventions.
(Luo Shiping: contemporary art critic and director at Art History Department at Central Academy of Fine Arts)
huagu

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:54 pm

It's very nice to have you here Lei. I enjoyed looking at your website very much. You have some wonderful paintings.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby dianapotts » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Welcome Lei Liang. We both became members on the same day. I am so happy that this is an international website. I used to live in Princeton, NJ where I had many Chinese friends and so learned some of the language and the writing and culture. You took art history at Yale? Then you have so much to give to us.

At the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City I recently saw an exhibit on Chinese writing and traditional paintings and the deeper meanings of it. I took notes so I could learn this deeper part. I do hope that the spirit of the Olympics helps people all around the world to learn of the richness of your culture.

I wish I was in China right now. I may go sometime in the coming months.

Please come visit us a lot. You have so much for us to learn.

Also, please show us your traditional painting and calligraphy. I learned how to do it at Rutgers, so I appreciate your effort to make it.

Hua gu means "flower picture" right?

dzai jian,

Diana
dianapotts

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 am

Hi Lei, welcome to our community. I checked your website, you have some beautiful works. I liked your portraits and landscapes most.
Erika Takacs

Postby huagu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks you all. I learnt a little about Chinese traditional calligraphy. I can't use well Maobi (The Chinese
ush) to write characters, but I use it to paint and the result is excellent. If you come to China, please call me and I may be some help for you in China.
Lei
Chinese contemporary landscape/peony oil painter in Beijing, China
huagu

Postby dianapotts » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:22 am

Yes using maobi is very difficult. One has to practise every day. I haven't done it in a long time. I will get to China after the Olympics. Right now because of the Olympics it is very expensive. It would be good to meet you. Thank you.

Diana
dianapotts