A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hi, from Blaze at Free Form Art

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think everyone is capable of profound art?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 9

Hi, from Blaze at Free Form Art

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi from Blaze. I have a daily art blog, t-shirts and more at Free Form Art (www.freeformart.com). My mission is to "
ing art into the everyday and the everyday into art." There is an artist within everyone. At the least, we are artists of ourselves.
Blaze

I would agree with that.

Postby Arty4ever » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:56 am

Some are more driven, and for some things may come easier... but I believe that anyone is capable anything they set their mind to and it's great when that is something is creative and makes the world a better place.

8)
Michael Auger
www.arty4ever.com
Arty4ever

Everyone is an artist with profound impact

Postby Blaze » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:20 pm

All people are artists -- co-creators. Art is a process more than a final product. Even a muffled sigh at a doctor's office is a creation. It impacts the mood of those in the office. It creates atmosphere.

Artisans who use loving care and attention in their work should be honored as high artists. They have emotional response to the material they work with. They just aren't conceptual about it.

I think you have three choices with action-- to be conceptual and intentional, to take a no-thought approach to life, or to muck around in a foggy haze and re-hash others' thoughts, words, ideas.

It often seems that the people in the first two groups do not understand each other. The conceptual people scoff at the seemingly lazy approach of the other, and the no-thought people think the others are snooty and not down-to-earth. Art versus artisan has exaserbated this conflict of perspective, and art could be used instead to heal the rift.
Blaze at Free Form Art
www.freeformart.com
"Bringing art into the everyday, and the everyday into art"
Blaze

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:55 pm

It,s my belief, about 90% of people in the world have the creativtly of a house cat.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Arty4ever » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:16 am

Actually... cats are very creative.

Check out this link...
http://www.monpa.com/wcp/index.html

:lol:
Michael Auger
www.arty4ever.com
Arty4ever

Postby johnlathram » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:43 pm

i have to agree with the above.. not everyone can be an artist.. i think it takes a great knowledge of history (of art) and an understanding of the language of art to become a great artist.... I believe it is actually historians, critics, and curators who make us the artists, artists. Just because we can draw, paint, sculpt, design, ect., does not make us artistic.
johnlathram

Postby Pam Belding » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:16 am

Yes I think everyone is equipped with artistic talent, it is only the ambition which makes an artist stand out.
Pam Belding

Postby Singular » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:23 pm

Although I think that everyone can be special and unique in their own way, I also believe that having artistic talent and creativity is a gift and not everyone is capable of it. Just as I believe not everone can become a world class athlete or a
illiant scientist, not everyone can create. They just aren't programmed to think that way. It takes a special mind to imagine and come up with ideas and then have the ability to translate dreams or ideas into a reality. Believe me, not everyone can do that. You are more special than you think.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby jtdripper » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:24 pm

Most people and that includes artists can't come to grips with their inner self and then deal with the painful truth that is that is at the root of all meaningful visual art, but most people won't face the ugly, let alone paint it. A good friend and Abstract Expressionist John Little said, “Donald paint through the ugly even though you may loose the painting." He was telling me to drop my pre-conception of the original in order to find my inner truth and to be surprised at the outcome. We all have an inner truth that can be expressed visually if we can only recognize the images and are able to render them. Since only God can work in flesh and blood, earth fire, water and sky which makes all art abstract and includes the so called realists. The " great artists" always finds his inner truth and expresses it through his art be it the majesty of Michelangelo's "David" a giant in demeanor although a boy in stature or David Siqueiros' "Echo of the Screamâ€
jtdripper

Gallery: View Gallery