A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Interested in starting a gallery?

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Interested in starting a gallery?

Postby Matt LaCross » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:17 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Matt LaCross. I live in Seattle, WA, and I have started a new mission to help others open a series of art galleries all over the world. I have been showing my own work in Seattle for the last few years, and found the need for a gallery that does not judge any artists work or ability. A gallery that allows all artists an opportunity to show their work. Over 1 1/2 years ago, I created a new gallery called the Black Box Gallery. The Black Box is Seattle's No fee, No Commission art gallery. We allow all artsits the use of the gallery free of charge for one night shows. Each artists must do their own marketing/promotions, and we provide the use of the space. How do we make money you ask? We don't. We just felt that artists need a place like this, and so we started one. The gallery is only $250 per month, so we cover the cost, and are looking for others who are interested in creating a Black Box Gallery in their city or town. We are interested is starting a gallery network that can feature artists work from all over the U.S., and someday internationally.

The Black Box is such an exciting opportunity if you are looking for a way to help other artists. We did over 45+ shows in 2005, and are currently booking for 2006.

If you are interested in working on creating your own Black Box, please contact:

Matt LaCross
owner

Black Box Gallery
Seattle's No Fee, No commission Art Gallery
4911 Aurora Ave North
Seattle, WA 98103
206-579-2662
matt@blackboxseattle.com
blackboxseattle.com
Matt LaCross

Postby Singular » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:46 am

Good luck with this Matt and welcome.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Lystra » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:10 am

Sounds great! I wish you all the luck! :)

I live in southern Ca. in the high desert, not sure if that would go over here too well. We have the local Artist Guild, that pretty much does the same thing your talking about, shows peoples works off from time to time in various areas.

But I do like your idea alot. :)

Have you thought about doing a replica of your galleries, online to reach more people and for job postings/searches n such? Just a thought.. :)
Those who will ignore a shout, will strain to hear a whisper~
Lystra

Postby Arty4ever » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:27 am

Great concept Matt!

I will spread the word in the DC area for you.
All the best,
Michael
Michael Auger
www.arty4ever.com
Arty4ever