A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hello from Vallejo CA

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Vallejo CA

Postby nicktone » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:44 pm

Hi. I am a new member here and would like to introduce myself briefly. I live in Vallejo California and am a mostly self taught multi media artist (I guess), and I work with recycled materials these days. I am more formally trained as a musician, carpenter, or woodworker than a visual artist per se, but I've begun doing my own idiosycratic (sp?) creations, and have also taken to photography. I do a lot of things and enjoy the discovery process of trying something experimental. Early in the millennium I began playing around with building guitars, and taught myself a great deal while being a member of the luthier's forum. I have built about a dozen acoustics and several electrics, including an original acoustic design of my own. I also made my own hand wound pickups for a telecaster type guitar. I have always been into photography as well and some of my work has been published in books and calendars. I also build furnitures, often using re purposed materials. In 2014 I won a local recycled art contest for Earth Day, which gave me incentive to keep working in that medium. Recently I was chosen to make a sculpture for the Robby Poblete Foundation, for which I used recycled guns that I welded into a solar powered fountain. This will be auctioned off later this year to benefit the non profit organization that was formed in memory of Robby Poblete, a 24 year old Phillipine/American who was the victim of gun violence.
nicktone

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Hello from Vallejo CA

Postby Singular » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Nick. Great to meet you. Welcome aboard. I look forward to checking out your art.

All the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Hello from Vallejo CA

Postby RyanChapman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello,
Nice to meet you here. Also, you are most welcome to this forum.
RyanChapman

Return to New Member Introductions