A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I suck at these things

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

I suck at these things

Postby Artigrapher » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 am

Hi! As the title suggests I suck rather dramatically at introductions anywhere. I somehow have a mental block when it comes to coherently talking about me or my work. :roll: So please bear with me!

I am both a Digital Wildlife Artist and a Photographer, mostly birds and macros lol. After a long process of going through almost every medium and not finding something that really gelled with the style I was trying to draw in, I stumbled across an article about digital art pens and thought 'That could be my thing!'. Turns out I was right :D . Just before that I have gotten into photography as a way to get the pictures I had in my head out into the world as I pictured them... so I just continued the two art forms side by side and now depending on the day I am either a photographer or an artist. :)

So now I have really run out of things to say so I am going to leave it here and just say that I am happy to be here.
Artigrapher

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: I suck at these things

Postby Singular » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:56 am

Hi Michaela,

Welcome to ASC. Nice to have you. I look forward to seeing your art.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Artigrapher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:08 am

Thanks. :)
Artigrapher

Postby CrystalBananas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:13 am

Hey! I just signed up today and also find introductions fairly awkward. Probably everyone does!

I'm looking forward to checking out your stuff. I have way more experience in "manual" art techniques but lately I've been enjoying using Photoshop to color my ink drawings. I'd love to lean to use illustrator and up my digital art skills eventually. Which programs do you use?
CrystalBananas

Postby Artigrapher » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:20 am

CrystalBananas wrote:Hey! I just signed up today and also find introductions fairly awkward. Probably everyone does!

I'm looking forward to checking out your stuff. I have way more experience in "manual" art techniques but lately I've been enjoying using Photoshop to color my ink drawings. I'd love to lean to use illustrator and up my digital art skills eventually. Which programs do you use?

Hi! Oh on reading some peoples introductions I feel that I may be an especially awkward case! :shock: Welcome! It is good to not be the only new person!

I use a program called MyPaint (http://mypaint.org/about/. It is a wonderful program designed by a Digital Artist for Digital Artists and it works wonderfully with an art tablet. Smoother strokes and the pressure sensitivity is brilliant. Not to mention a number of brushes you can find that are compatible.
Artigrapher

Postby CrystalBananas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:55 am

Oh cool! I've never heard of it, but I've just started using an art tablet with Photoshop. I definitely feel slightly strange using it, and am not that great at controlling it (I'm definitely waaaay more capable with a pencil and paper). I'm sure I just need more practice, but it sounds like MyPaint might be a good thing to check out :) Thanks!
CrystalBananas

Postby Artigrapher » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:09 pm

CrystalBananas wrote:Oh cool! I've never heard of it, but I've just started using an art tablet with Photoshop. I definitely feel slightly strange using it, and am not that great at controlling it (I'm definitely waaaay more capable with a pencil and paper). I'm sure I just need more practice, but it sounds like MyPaint might be a good thing to check out :) Thanks!

Oh it takes a little getting used to. The angle of your hand to the actual lines that you are creating throws you off for a little while but your brain adjusts. MyPaint is great! The only thing I would say is to make a canvas in a program like Photoshop, even if it is just blank, and then open it in MyPaint. It is MyPaints one flaw, if you just start drawing in it without a presized canvas it saves small images. Although I do believe that the recent update was supposed to fix that. So I would check.
Artigrapher