+ April 2014
+ March 2014
+ February 2014

Search Blogs

Feed
Previous

The Path That Led Me Here

Permanent Linkby RichardDevine on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:14 am

The two constants in my life have always been a love of the outdoors and a passion to create. As a kid growing up in Ronkonkoma, Long Island, New York (back before houses filled every square inch of available property – we were one of only a few families in the area then) I would wander off often, exploring the woodlands surrounding my home. I imagined myself a great explorer, finding all sorts of fascinating wildlife under logs, in the ponds, high in the trees or under a rock - and I always enjoyed making drawings of what I saw and picked up.
By the time I was in high school I was dissecting frogs and fish and other assorted vertebrates, making detailed drawings of each dissection. I carved out a corner of the basement of my parent’s house and used it as my private lab and research facility and rarely came up for air. I don’t think my parent’s knew they had two sons until it was time for me to go to college.
College was great. I dissected more and bigger animals, and continued to make...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 274 times