A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

John's Metal Sculpture
I'm not a well known artist. I'm for the most part just another working stiff. I,ve been in the steel and sheetmetal trade for 45 years. And been doing metal sculpture for around 35 years or so. It was my intentions back in the 1970's. To make a living doing art work. That never came to pass. So now I find myseft getting closer to retirement. And find the best part of my life is gone. So, I opened my own little gallery. And it will redefind the word small time I guess. But I kinda like the idea of people comming over to my house and looking at my work. The work is what it is. And some folks will like it a lot. And ofcourse some of it will be hard to part with. Selling art work for an artist. Is like selling parts of your body. Indeed like selling parts of your life. So if I feel like it won't be going to a good home. I won't sell it. My work not cheap. So I'm be keeping most of it. But the folks that do buy are going to be the kind of people that take good care of things. After all, If we as artist sell our work cheap. Well, we might as well thow it off a cliff. And then jump off.
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Archives

- June 2012
John A. Barandon
   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Search Blogs

Feed

John A. Barandon

Permanent Linkby johnwalkeasy on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

I not sure what this means. Guess I need to find out.

1 Comment Viewed 7593 times