A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

442Total Entries
25Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Recent Blog Entries
Next
Exploring the World of Contemporary Art by indianartideas on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:00 am
Collecting art is an art in itself. Art can be a challenging task for those who aren't aware of the various genres being offered by it. One of such fields, which is attractive yet overwhelming, is contemporary art. In the most basic of terms, any art which has been created post-1960s can be considered as a part of the contemporary art era.

As art is all about exploration, contemporary paintings are no different. If this arena of art is to your liking but you’re a bit intimidated then, here are four characteristics of contemporary art at your rescue. A thorough consideration of these will surely help you in exploring the world of contemporary art.

• All shapes and sizes:
You most certainly would have heard of the term that beauty comes in all sizes. Well, contemporary art is no different. Right from a sculpture as small as your finger to ...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 9 times
PATRE LUMINUM di ANDREA BENETTI by AndreaBenetti on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:07 am
Durante la Pasqua 2017, dall’8 al 18 aprile, sarà allestita nel Museo Civico di Gallipoli la mostra di Andrea Benetti dal titolo “Patre Luminum”, composta da opere su tela, affiancate da una installazione in legno, metallo e vetro di Murano.
La mostra “Patre Luminum” ("Signum Crucis" nella prima versione) è nata grazie alla prima opera intitolata “Omaggio a Karol Wojtyla”, che fu realizzata nel 2009 come tributo alla grande figura di Papa Giovanni Paolo II. Nel 2012, proprio quel dipinto fu donato al Pontefice Benedetto XVI, da parte dell'Ente Morale A.N.F.E.
La scelta stilistica delle opere, che vede la Croce inserita in un contesto di forme astratte dai colori spesso vivaci, vuole evidenziare l'aspetto della speranza espresso dal sacro simbolo della Cristianità. Attraverso questi colori che trasmettono una gioia profonda, viene interpretato il messaggio di resurrezione e di salvezza, che Gesù ha donato all'umanità, attraverso il proprio sacrificio, il cui significato è stat...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 23 times
Trust Thyself, Artist by armusik on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:04 pm
It's no secret I love the works of Ralph Waldo Emerson. Nothing empowers me more and helps me focus on what is important. It took many years and a lot of background noise to penetrate but at 42, I feel more alive and full of energy than ever before. It wasn't always the case though – I had to wade in the same pool of self-doubt and uncertainly as many before me. I had to grow a thick skin and learn not to obsess on all the negative and ‘constructive’ criticism I seemed to attract. The journey to self-empowerment was difficult and many lessons were learned the hard way but in the end, I emerged a warrior.
We all go through the same trials and tribulations, don't think you're the only one.
We all go through the same trials and tribulations, don't think you're the only one.

I've eluded many times about all the people that let me down or wounded me with their negative comments or suggestions. Sometimes, these people are the closest to you and they can destroy you with one hurtful sente...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 27 times
Online Art Galleries: Making Art Accessible and Affordable by indianartideas on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:20 am
If you are someone who has recently started adoring arts and has been following the current market trends to buy your first original artwork, then you must have come across numerous art galleries that are offering the same. Among these art galleries are online art galleries that offer you the opportunity to buy original paintings at reasonable prices. Over the last four-five years, there has been an exponential surge in the number of dedicated art selling platforms that help art buyers with a shoe string budget buy Indian art. The aim of this article is to acquaint our readers with the world of online art and online art galleries.

What is an online art gallery?

Like conventional art gallery, an online art gallery is a platform where artists can sell their artwork and buyers can buy such artwork over internet.

What does an...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 70 times
Cancel blog by VictoriaJ on Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:51 pm
:oops: decided not to use this for my blog

0 Comments Viewed 49 times