A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

559Total Entries
75Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
New Series by jnbrownlee on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm
Just finished a portrait of my grandson, Kaine, titled-- Hunting with Dad--Joy. I am happy with the way it looks. I expect to make a few changes after receiving critiques, but so far I think this is my best portrait. My idea is to do a series of paintings, probably portraits, which represent the fruit of the spirit (I.e. Love, joy, peace, faith, goodness...). I am excited about this series and already have my next subject chosen. Actually, there are two that I want to do, but I am leaning toward-- peace, and it is a photo of my friends granddaughter quietly looking at something in her hand. I have been watching a Mary White Video, and am inspired by her work. I want to include some more things in the background to give the subject a place to be. I also really like Ms. White's use of atmosphere, so these are some of the things I will be thinking about/focusing on in this next painting.

0 Comments Viewed 1125 times
What ... Art for FREE? PSA by jenn_iam on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 pm
While parusing the Website 'OnceUponASketch" ran across a great little video from Stephen Silver, a cartoonist, illustrator, character designer, caricaturist and instructor. Where Stephen drops some wisdom in regards to just saying NO to clients who are asking artosts to do work for free.

MAJOR WORDS OF WISDOM FOR ARTISTS...
http://onceuponasketch.com/2013/02/step ... _211417343

0 Comments Viewed 8561 times
A Weekend Well Spent at the National Gallery of Modern Art by indianartideas on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:56 am
The National Gallery of Modern Art, Delhi, which is also known as the NGMA is home to the works of many artists who have left their signatures on the canvas of time. The collection at this modern art gallery started with a very unique endowment in terms of gifts of a collection of works by one of the pioneering Indian woman artist, Amrita Sher-Gil. The collection had more than 200 artworks. From that number, the collection at NGMA has grown to around 17,000 works of art. It has taken more than fifty years to collect the works of art that are displayed at the gallery. The gallery opened in a building called the Jaipur House. As the collection grew, so did the need for space to exhibit the works of art. In 2009, a new wing of the gallery was inaugurated.

The exhibitions at this modern art gallery are displayed keeping time and history in mind. Many art historians...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 98 times
Buying essay - is it good or bad? by martinbennet on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:48 am
Many students may think whether it is appropriate to buy an essay or not. Sometimes, they have to struggle through a lot of work and just can't do their assignments on a proper level. Thereby, there is an opportunity for them to buy cheap essay and be sure that they will have much more free time and an excellent grade for their work. Getting an essay through special writing services is a normal phenomenon and there's nothing bad in it. You should just decide for yourself whether you want to get an essay or do it by yorself. Both variants are proper depending on the situation you have!

0 Comments Viewed 133 times
Do You Believe in Fairies? by Jayne on Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm
A few years ago, I came upon the most delightful book at a lunch-hour book fair in the downtown Houston building I worked in. It's called "Fairyopolis, A Flower Fairies Journal."

I read it again recently and it inspired me to create some fantasy art of my own.

Read the full blog post and see some of my art at http://artbyjaynewilson.blogspot.com/2013/04/do-you-believe-in-fairies.html

0 Comments Viewed 524 times