A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

478Total Entries
57Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
New Painting: Lady Slipper Orchid - Paphiopedilum by RichardDevine on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:47 am
I just completed a colored pencil painting of a Lady Slipper Orchid (Paphiopedilum) and wanted to post it for all to see. The plant from which this painting was made actually grows in the Garden of a north Florida estate I managed for many years. It seems to do well in rich garden soil and is a bright spot along a Garden Path. The painting is in my Botanical/Floral Album.

0 Comments Viewed 429 times
Redesign is Here by Singular on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:01 am
Hello all, The forum and gallery redesign is complete. We are very excited about all of the new features. I think it turned out awesome. We have tested all of the bugs pretty well, but it is possible that we missed a few. If you come across something fishy, just let us know and we will take care of it. Here are just a few of the tons of new features:

• New control panel
  • New profile page
  • Your own blog
  • Subscriptions and bookmarking available
  • Increased upload limits for forum and gallery
  • New gallery interface
  • Social network friendly
  • bigger
  • stronger
  • and faster
That's not all. There is much, much more that you will have to see for yourself. In addition, we will be offering premium membership for...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 2506 times
Exposition by marchini on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:02 am
Exposition du 1er au 5 mai 2013 GMAC Paris Bastille .

0 Comments Viewed 356 times
Colored Pencil Portrait accepted into Colored Pencil Treasures by RichardDevine on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 pm
I was very pleased and honored to find out that my colored pencil painting "Raine and Megan" was chosen for inclusion in Colored Pencil Treasures, Volume III due out later this fall. This annual magazine is published by Ann Kullberg, a master portrait artist who also publishes the monthly Colored Pencil Magazine. To see some truly great portaits in colored pencil, visit her website at annkullberg.com.

0 Comments Viewed 2188 times
Brilliant Creatures by RonPrice on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 am
GETTING GOING
Part 1:

Brilliant Creatures1 explores the achievements of the following people of fame, a Gang of Four to use what has become a much used term in several aspects of popular and political culture. These four people were at their early peaks in the 1970s: Robert Hughes at Time Magazine as its art critic; Germaine Greer riding on the success of The Female Eunuch; Clive James a junior member of the London literati, and Barry MacKenzie making a Barry MacKenzie movie.1 We must first look at the Australia of their childhood, the cultural propellants, good and bad, that made them move and shake. This doco does some of that early life and cultural examination.

Since I, too, was in my early peaks of career success in the 1970s, I find I must look at my early years, 1943 to 1972, to try to understand my own success. I was not in the same league as these four giants of popular culture; I have lingered in the minor leagues of popular and academic culture since those early seventies....

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 233 times