promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

475Total Entries
56Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
etsy store by paintscraper01 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:56 pm
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PaintscrapersArtwork?ref=search_shop_redirect

Starting a shop on etsy! Seems impossible to find.
Thanks
Paintscraper

0 Comments Viewed 63 times
The painter UKO POST by ukopost on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:28 am
The Netherlands

In july 1954 I saw daylight for the very first time in the little Dutch town of Meppel in the province of Drenthe.

In my last primary school class I became more interested in drawing , because we had a project to complete for the national holiday for the queen.This project was organized in all the primary schools in Meppel. My drawing was chosen to hang in the local newspaper window. I was very proud.

In 1969 I went with my father to Amsterdam to the Rijksmuseum. (The exhibition Rembrandt 1696-1969, I still own the cataloque as a souvenir ). I was so impressed by the paintings of Rembrandt, that I decided to become a painter.

After secondary school I attended the academy of arts Minerva in Groningen, from 1972 untill 1978. A college of free painting and graphic arts. Professors were Diederik Kraaijpoel, Wout Muller, Matthijs Roling and Ger Siks. My mentor in the graduate year was Geert Meyer, who worked totally different , but he had a flexible mind and he understood...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 115 times
FAM by julianbanks on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:53 am
<a href="http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/expressionism/prints" style="font: 10pt arial; text-decoration: underline;">expressionism prints</a>

0 Comments Viewed 565 times
M173 CRO-MAGNON – TRACCE APOCRIFE di Andrea Benetti by AndreaBenetti on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 pm
Dal 15 al 23 dicembre 2012 sarà allestita a Bologna, presso le sale di palazzo Pepoli – Campogrande, una mostra di Andrea Benetti, che raccoglie tredici disegni e sedici dipinti.
Il titolo della mostra è “M173 CRO-MAGNON- TRACCE APOCRIFE”.
L'M173 è il marcatore genetico che tramutò l'Homo Erectus in Homo Sapiens, il primo uomo che sentì l'esigenza di esprimersi artisticamente, realizzando le pitture rupestri. Prima di allora, la storia e la scienza ci dicono che gli ominidi progenitori non avessero mai creato arte prima dell'arrivo dell'Homo Sapiens.
Ecco perché M173 e Cro-Magnon è la località dove ne furono trovati alcuni scheletri.
Il catalogo raccoglie le critiche sull'operato di [url=http://www.andreabenetti-foundation.org]Andrea Benetti[/url] del professor Christian Parisot, presidente degli Archivi Modigliani, del dott. Gregorio Rossi, già curatore alla Biennale di Venezia e curatore del MACIA Museo d'Arte Contemporanea Italiana in America e la d.ssa Diletta Iacuaniello, giovane e prom...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 203 times
THE BIRTH OF ART by RonPrice on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 am
I’ve never known a great deal about art. Visiting art galleries has always had a soporific effect on me—making me want to sit on one of those soft couches in the big rooms with their wall to wall art and have a sleep. In 1974, the year that Ian Fairweather died, I taught the sociology of art at a technical college in Launceston. Ian Fairweather(1891-1974) was an Australian painter, born in Scotland, and arrived in Melbourne in February 1934. He is considered one of the greatest Australian painters of all time, combining western and Asian influences in his work.

He died while I was working as a senior tutor in human relations and education studies at the Tasmanian College of Advanced Education in 1974. I also had begun a relationship with a divorce who had an 8 year old and a 3 year old child. We married in 1975 and the three of them are still at the centre of my life in all sorts of ways. I knew nothing of Ian Fairweather then and until last night, after I had retired from FT, PT and...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 249 times