A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Blog Stats

559Total Entries
75Total Comments

Search Blogs

Feed Random Blog Entries
W.H. AUDEN by RonPrice on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:00 am
W.H. Auden(1907-1973), one of the greatest poets of the 20th century, published his Letters from Iceland and a book of poems entitled On this Island in 1937. This was an historic year for the community I have come to be associated with for the last 60 years: the Baha’i Faith.

As the Baha’is of North America were planning their first international teaching Plan in 1936/7, Auden also published a play The Ascent of F6. My parents were about to meet in the late 1930s and the world was on the edge of a crisis in which it had been enmeshed since 1914 and from which it has yet to recover. In the 70 years from 1937 to 2007 Letters From Iceland went through 20 editions and the Baha’i Faith grew from an international community of, perhaps, 100,000 members to one of, perhaps, 7 million.-Ron Price with thanks to “Letters from Iceland,” [i:r9je2i...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 334 times
FAM by julianbanks on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:50 am
<a href="http://fineartamerica.com/art/mixed+media/expressionism/all" style="font: 10pt arial; text-decoration: underline;">expressionism mixed media</a>

0 Comments Viewed 555 times
BMW recalls 18,000 cars for fuel pump failure by EdwardBouton8 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 am
BMW is announcing a recall of all 2014-15 model 2, 3, and 4 series vehicles due to potentially defective fuel pumps. In all, the recall affects more than 18,000 cars including four- and six-cylinder models of all hardtop 2 Series models, rear-, all-wheel-drive and Gran Turismo versions of the 3 Series, and coupe, convertible, Gran Coupe, rear- and all-wheel-drive 4 Series models, and the 3 Series ActiveHybrid.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the recall stems from the improper nickel plating on the fuel pump which could cause vehicles to stall. BMW is still planning to notify owners of the affected cars and will be offering a replacement fuel filter for no charge beginning at the end of April.
Auto news brought to you by topinsurance.agency
Source: autoblog.com/2015/04/10/18k-bmw-models-recall-fuel-pump-failure/

Tags: BMW, car recalls, auto insurance, car insurance, auto insurance quotes, car insurance quotes

0 Comments Viewed 298 times
ART QUOTE OF THE DAY by the bach art gallery on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 pm
What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit.
~John Updike

0 Comments Viewed 350 times